3.

The day before I had wrote a song with very repetitive lyrics and very simple guitar chords. I could totally bs my way through this.

On the day of, I realized I had woken up at eleven thirty and I only had thirty minutes or less until the guys were here so I hurried up and threw some clothes on as fast as I could.

I ran down stairs with my acoustic guitar in hand as fast as I could when I heard knocking.

"What's with the sweater, long socks and shorts? It's summer outside" the guy I vaguely knew as Pete asked after he let himself into my house and took a look at me as Joe followed.

"He always does stuff like that." Joe shrugged.

"Uh, hey guys" I mumbled in embarrassment as they sat down on my couch. I sat down in the chair across from them and just sort of stayed awkwardly quiet. Joe was a good friend, I was just sort of scared of Pete's judgment I mean he was a musician and I wasn't.

"So Joe said you're a pretty good musician." Pete said.

"No, actually I'm just a drummer. I just taught myself the basics of guitar two days ago actually." I admitted reluctantly.

"Well you can sing though right?" Pete asked with lifted brows.

"Uh, I don't know. I've never really tried" I shrugged. I was beyond nervous as Pete shot Joe a look.

"Go ahead and play, Patrick" Joe assured me.

I began playing the repetitive chords to my song and hesitantly began to sing. I gave it my best for being so terrified. I just kept wondering what they were thinking though. All of this did not seem to be coming naturally to me, I was a wuss.

"That's enough" I heard Pete say making me instantly stop. "Did you write these lyrics?" He asked and I looked back up at him and now who's faces were in readable. I just nodded, fear was still shaking in my hands and probably my throat too. "Well they suck. But congratulations on being our new singer and guitar player. your voice is insane, but oddly unique." Pete said.

"Thanks" I sputtered out shocked as I pushed my glasses up on my face. Did I really just do this? How did I do this?

"I knew you could do it, Trick" Joe said with a smile.

"Okay guys, band practice starts tomorrow at my house at noon, we will practice four days a week." Pete said.

"But I don't know where-" I began.

"I know where he lives, I'll pick you up." Joe said and I nodded.

"Well, we'll see you tomorrow dude" Pete said as he got off my couch prompting Joe to do so too.

"Later dude!" Joe said

"Thanks guys" I replied and they let themselves out. We'll that wasn't so bad, or maybe I just thought that now that it was over.

I went upstairs to my room and a throught struck me making my eyes go big. All I had was this acoustic guitar, I was probably supposed to bring an electric one to practice tomorrow.