Chapter 15

Nathan's POV

I sighed when I heard the door of my office closed. I can't believe how Liam didn't wanted to come towards me today as well. Its clear that he clearly adores her since he didn't came towards me even at the mention of chocolate. He really likes them. I don' know why he likes her so much. She is just another girl also he is never attached to strangers.

I liked her C.V. She had achieved amazing grades as well as she doesn't fears to speak her mind in front of me which is unique. Mostly people negotiate thier terms in front of me due to my intimating personality but she didn't. She can have a job at another company if she wants to since who wouldn't want NYU's second ranker in thier company. So I asked her all those questions. When I mentioned about her being over confident, there was a spark in her eyes in the way she defended herself. I know she is perfect for my assistant job as she doesn't throws herself at me and of course, because of her intelligences. But I don't want to include her in my life even if it means professional. Something tells me that if she enters my life I won't be able to escape myself from her. She is an innocent angel but in times a devil in disguise. Right now, when I am with my son I should play with him but I am thinking about her. I haven't thought about a woman in this way. No, I can't be that naive again. She is just pretending to be caring towards Liam so that she can have my money. She is acting all innocent now but I know she is just another gold digging bitch. If she thinks working for me is gonna be easy and she can find her way in my life. She is hell wrong about it. Even if I decide to give her a job, I'll make sure to check whether she is as intelligent and smart as she claims to be.

Suddenly, Liam started crying. I was confused since we were playing and now he is crying.

"Shhh Liam...... What happened buddy? Why are you crying? Tell dada. Come on baby please stop crying. Shh Liam."

He was looking towards door and throwing his arms in that direction. I looked there and saw my mother standing there. Maybe he wants to go towards her. I took him towards her and she took him his arms. She tried to calm him down but he wasn't. After about half and hour he was still not calming down. I tried my each and every way in which he used to stop crying but none of them seemed to work today. I was worried about him. He shouldn't be crying this much. His doctor had mentioned to not let him cry much since it would cause fever due to his teething. I took him in my arms and patted his back.

"Miss" Liam spoke suddenly.

Me and mom both looked at each other trying to understand what he wants to say.

"Buddy do you miss your grandpa. Do you want to play with him." He shook his head when I asked him. I thought about someone else who is close to him whom he could be missing.

"Do you miss your uncle Mark. Come on Liam let's go to his office and we would have lots of fun." He rested his head on my shoulder instead of beaming at the thought of seeing Mark like he usually does.

"Do you want to see Miss Campbell Liam?" Mom asked him. He removed his head from my shoulder and looked at mom with glistening eyes. He nodded his head though I think he barely understood what mom said. I saw his eyes and they were slightly red from crying and his cheeks red. He was having difficulty in keeping his eyes open. Clearly he won't be missing Aria. I mean he doesn't know her that much. They have barely met twice.

I patted his back so that he could sleep. He turned towards me and placed his hand on my cheek. I gave him a smile which he replied. I continued patting his back while moving back and forth in my office. He had his head in my neck just how to likes. In just about five minutes he was in deep slumber. I placed a soft kiss on his forehead and wiped his cheeks which were wet. I placed him on the couch carefully with pillows around him.

I turned towards mom who was looking at us with soft smile. We both settled on visitor's chairs opposite each other.

"How do you know her." She decided to break the silence first.

"About whom are you talking about mom?"

"You know very well about whom Nate. She looks at Liam so lovingly. No wonder he is attached to her even though they met twice."

"Mom she is just after my money and for that she is using Liam. I won't let the past repeat itself. Olivia also used me for my money and Aria is just the same. First they all act innocent but they are just a bitch from inside."

"Nate I know where you are coming from but you need to understand not all women are same. You know very well that I didn't approved of Olivia that time because I could see through her lies. But Aria isn't like her. The look in her eyes says it all. We have women intuition Nate and I can tell that she is a nice girl."

"Whatever Mom. I don'care however she is but I don't want her in my son's life and that is final."

"You can't do that Nate because Liam likes her and whether you want it or not she is a part of his life. He was crying because she went without spending time with him. Deny all you want but truth can't be changed son. Think about it." She patted my shoulder and stood up.

"I guess we could carry our lunch plans some another day. I know you want to spend time with Liam. So I'll take my leave now. Also, if you need anything just ring me."

She hugged me and we said our goodbyes. I went and sat besides Liam. I stroked his cheek softly and slowly, not to wake him up. Mom is right, Aria is a part of his life whether I like it or not. But I don't know if I should let her get close to him. I don't know her real intentions and letting her to get close to Liam increases the possibility of him getting hurt if she leaves him just like Olivia. But the way he cried today, I can't see him like this. I promised myself that I would never let him be sad.

There was a knock on my door. I went towards it so that Liam isn't disturbed from his sleep. I opened the door to see Miss Collins standing there.

"Mr Parker I just wanted to remind you about the meeting you are having in 20 minutes. Also, I wanted to ask you about the interviews."

"Cancel all my meetings today Miss Collins and the interview was not that great."

"Okay Sir. Do you want me to give an another article for tomorrow's newspaper regarding the job?"

I thought about Aria. She is perfect for the job also I don't have much time since Miss Collins is leaving the company day after tomorrow. I think I should take my chance since I am allowing her to only work for me and besides I could fire her if she doesn't do her work properly.

"Mr Parker?"

"Yes Miss Collins. No need to place an article because I have already made my decision. You can give a call to Miss Aria Campbell confirming her about the job."

"Great choice Sir. Her grades as well as her attitude were perfect for this job."

"How do you know about her grades Miss Collins?"

"Actually Sir she didn't came for the assistant job interview. She came for accountant post but when I saw her 'C.V'.  I asked her to give an interview for assistant post."

Oh so she didn't came for this job.

"Alright Miss Collins. Also you are dismissed for the day after cancelling my meetings and giving Miss Campbell a call from us regarding the job."

"Thankyou Mr Parker and have a good day Sir."

I closed the door and went towards sofa. I took some files and important papers which I needed to work upon. I took Liam in my arms and stroked his back so he can go back to sleeping. I took all my things and made my way towards home. I  wanted to spend time with Liam today. Besides, I am the CEO and I could work from home.

While driving, I thought about today's events. All those interviews then Miss Campbell coming for the interview and lastly Liam crying. I hope tomorrow would be better.

Another Update. Vote if you like this chapter.

What do you guys like most Pizza or Pasta?
Mine is both😂

Love~
Diya❣️