Chapter Five

Sylvester
The bell rings signaling the end of school .It  also means that it's time to meet with Kate. I don't know how I ended up being Kate's tutor. When I was asked to wait behind, I was so nervous because I didn't know what to expect. But out of all the possible outcomes, being asked to tutor Kate was  shocking. The conversation went like this.

        ## Flashback ##

"Sylvester I called you because I want you to tutor someone for me " Mrs Robinson says as soon as Kate leaves the class.

" t-t-tutor?  Me?" I can't even speak normally with people and she is asking me to tutor someone. Is she actually being serious? . I know that's is a rhetorical question because Mrs Robinson never jokes.

"Yes Mr Paige, You. You are really good in Chemistry. Don't think I didn't notice how easily you finished the test " she adds

" I-I l-love Chemistry, but I don't think I can tutor someone" I  say as I look at my feet again. This embarrassing habit of mine that I am trying to get rid of. Which makes me wonder if she sees how shy I am.

"I know this is out of your comfort zone. I am hoping this will bring you out  of your shell. Besides, you will also get extra credits which you are lacking because you don't do sports" Mrs Robinson points out giving me that you-know-I'm-right look.

I sigh defeated. She had me at extra credits. I really need those if I want to get a good scholarship.

"Who am I going to be tutoring?"

"Katherine Hudson"

No. No. No.  It can't be. I feel like I have just been punked. Kate Hudson, the hot dare-devil. Just my luck. I don't think I need the extra credits that much. I am about to decline respectfully but Mrs Robinson doesn't give me a chance to .

"That's settled then. Call in Katherine and wait outside"

        ## End of flashback  ##

Now I make my way to the front of Kate's math class where she said we should meet. Not long after, I see her coming out of the class with her group of friends. I am too shy to call out her name so I just wait until she notices me. Thankfully she notices me because I don't know what I would have done. Our eyes meet and I immediately look away. I hear her tell her friends to wait for her at the parking lot before she starts walking towards me. As she walks over I shift from foot to foot. I really have to man up and stop behaving like a girl. I force myself to maintain eye contact just as she reaches me.

" So, we are to meet at least twice a week. How about Tuesdays and Thursdays after school?" she says going straight to the point.

I try to speak but no words come out. So I simply nod.  It's not like I have anything planned after school. Throughout the week. How lame.

"My place ok with you ? Or do you have any other place in mind?"

Now this sounds familiar. Last year I had to partner with Jake, one of Ben's lackeys, for an English project. Jake invited me to his house on a Thursday evening to work on the project . I was surprised that he invited me because I always ended up doing all the work in a group project alone. I stupidly went to his house. Lets just say I learnt my lesson.

"L-library? " I suggest meekly

"Nah. Too boring and quiet. "

"An em-empty  classroom ? " I try again

"Same with the library" she replies then continues, " Look, I don't bite . Why don't we just do this at my place"

"Umm..."

"Ok. Great." She put her hands in her pocket, brings out a piece of paper and gives it to me. " I figured you don't go to parties so ... This is my address."

I collect the piece of paper and put it in my backpack. I look up and she is already walking away . Man, her butt really looks good in those cargo shorts.

************************************

                        Kate

"I. Am. So tired" I pant as I pick my water bottle and take a large sip. Amy and I  just finished running three laps round the school field as ordered by Mr. Greene a.k.a. Coach. Amy rests her hands on her knees trying to catch her breath. I look back and see  Chloe and Jack  at the other end of the field. Chloe is the least athletic of us . No doubt Jack is running at her pace to motivate her to finish her last lap.  I wonder what he says because she flips him the bird and starts walking the remaining with him following behind.

Everyone is dressed in the  mandatory sports wear . A white T-shirt with the school logo and  red shorts. My T-shirt has a large black 'fuck you' written under the school logo. classic me. At least I am wearing the damn sports wear. Amy has a very small font size written on hers, it's almost illegible. Amy is not a mischief like me. She just goes along with me sometimes because I am her best friend. She's nice like that.

"And it's all your fault" Amy says after taking a sip of water from her water bottle. " You made us compete"

"I didn't" I reply trying and failing to look innocent, " I only said ' last person is going to sponsor our lunch after school' "
She  narrows her eyes at me and I just laugh and say ,"by the way, it's you loser" then I stick out my tongue.

"I think you are forgetting something"

"What?" I ask confused

" Don't you have tutorials this afternoon?"

Oh Shit! How could I have forgotten. I was kind of looking forward to it after my convo with him Yesterday. He was just so nervous, it was cute.  Getting him flustered will be too easy. It's gonna be fun.

"Oh-oh. Why does she have that mischievous smile on. " Jack asks as he and Chloe get to where we are.

"It's nothing" I reply trying to hide my smile.  "just looking forward to this evening "

"Should we be concerned?" Chloe asks arching a brow

"No. It's just harmless fun I  swear"

"If you say so"

_____________________________

A/N Thanks for reading. Please remember to vote and comment.