I

Character Imagine
Daphne Kluger
Ocean's 8

"Ooh, who brought cake?" I ask walking into the kitchen, Daphne peaks her head from behind the fridge doors, the air knocks out from my lungs.

"I'm not sure, but help yourself to a slice. Constance already ate half of it."

I don't answer, just smile and stand in front of the cake, taking the knife in my hand and trying to figure out how to cut the mess of a cake Constance had left behind.

"Do I intimidate you?" Daphne asks, appearing suddenly beside me and standing so incredibly close.

"No, Daphne. You don't intimidate me." I laugh, trying to break the weird tension.

"You sure? Because you never look me in the eye and you scurry away everytime I walk into a room." She moves closer, looking up at me with a small smile.

"I do not do either of those things, Daphne." I laugh, trying to break the strange tension in the room.

"You either don't like me or you have a crush on me...so which one is it?" She swipes her hand in the cake, sucking the frosting off and never breaking eye contact.

so which one is it?" She swipes her hand in the cake, sucking the frosting off and never breaking eye contact

I swallow hard, my mouth becoming incredibly dry. "Daphne, I do not have a crush on you."

She smiles, leaning up off the counter and walking out of the kitchen. "Wish you did."