»43«

━━━━━━━━━━━

How can you fix something when you don't even know what's broken?

━━━━━━━━━━━

Y/n's POV

"Welcome back, Doctor L/n." The computer lady a.i. voice whatever spoke as i closed the large steel door. I walked down the hallways greeting other guards as they greet me back.

I arrived at the first room as i hummed looking around.

"There's no morning roll call?" I mumbled as i dropped the paper bags to open the door when someone opened them for me.

"Yes, it's actually surprising." A female guard stated as i nodded.

"I see, thank you." I smiled before entering Nayeon's room to see her cleaning her beside drawer as i hummed confusingly. I entered the glass room as she looks up to see me.

"Oh? You're here!" She exclaimed jumping towards me as i smiled and nodded before placing the plastic and paper bags down. She helped me placing it down as she peeks inside. "What's this? Oh? Gifts?" She asked.

"Yup!" I smiled as i took out a bunny plush before handing it to her as her eyes sparkled before hugging it in her arms. 

"Thank you!" She smiled sniffing the plushie. "Your friends must be so lucky being friends with you.." She chuckled lowly.

"What do you mean?" I chuckled as we sat on her bed. 

"I meant.." She paused. "Do you often give your friends gifts?" She asked as i raised a brow.

"Now that you've mentioned that.. yeah i do." I smiled as she frowned. 

"Why?" She spat. "Why? They're just your friends.. why bother?" She added as i chuckled.

"Hm? Don't you also do that to your friends?" I asked as she quickly shook her head. "Well.." I trailed out. "There's nothing wrong in being generous for a little, right?" I smiled as she froze.

. . .

"I give them gifts because i want to, Nayeonie." I giggled as she slowly looked down. "And it actually feels good to make someone happy." I added as she slowly looked up at me again.

"It feels good to make someone happy?" She asked as i hummed and nodded.

"Hm? Do you also relate to it?" I softly giggled as she blankly stared at me.

"No.." She chuckled bitterly staring down her bunny plush. "But.." She trailed out as i raised a brow. "I already feel great seeing you happy." She stared at me as her eyes sparkled.

'Even if i'm not the reason behind it..' The bunny girl thought to herself.

. . .

. . .

"Oh yeah! Also!"

I snapped out of my thoughts finding a colored book right infront of me as i flinched and leaned back to see clearly.

"Look!" She giggled before showing me the colored drawings, i stared in bewilderment. 

"Wow Nayeon-ssi, i didn't know that you could color so well!" I flipped through the pages looking back up at her.

"Well, what else can't i do?" She cockily asked flipping her short hair as i giggled as i stared at her in awe.

'Gifts and Happiness is not about getting all you want.. but being contented in what you have..'