☆2☆

& Ju Haknyeon &

Haknyeon was clearing up a table when one of his coworkers approached him.

"Hey, where's Yeonjun? I thought you said you were gonna bring him to work from now on."

"Yeah uh, I found someone to watch him during my shifts. He's there now. I'm gonna pick him up in a few hours." Haknyeon replied, wiping down the table before taking the dirty dishes to the kitchen.

"Really? Who?" Younghoon asked.

"His name is Kim Sunwoo." Haknyeon answered.

Younghoon furrowed his eyebrows.

"Whomst?"

"A-a guy I met yesterday here at the restaurant was keeping him company. He seemed nice enough, Yeonjun liked him too." Haknyeon shrugged.

"You trusted a stranger with your kid?" Younghoon gasped.

"I know it's stupid, but between work, school, and my mother I'm desperate. My mom she's-" Haknyeon stopped what he was doing, leaning against the sink. "She's barely holding on. I can't-..." He looked up at Younghoon. "I can't let him see me break like that. Not again."

Younghoon stayed quiet.

"I'm so scared, Younghoon. His birthday is in two weeks and I'm so scared that she's not going to make it. How am I supposed to explain that to him?" Haknyeon's eyes glossed over with tears.

"I'm sorry." Younghoon said quietly.

Haknyeon shook his head and wiped his eyes.

"Don't be. These are my problems, not yours." Haknyeon gave a tight lipped smile.

&

Haknyeon finished checking out of his shift before heading out to his car. He's be lying if he said he wasn't terrified after not seeing Yeonjun for hours. He prayed to whatever god would hear him that his son was okay.

He pulled into the apartment complex and found Sunwoo's apartment. He knocked twice.

This time it was Sunwoo who opened the door. He smiled as soon as he saw Haknyeon.

"Hi! Yeonjun fell asleep an hour ago, come on in." Sunwoo stepped aside to let Haknyeon in.

Haknyeon entered the apartment, seeing Yeonjun curled up on the couch with a gray fluffy blanket.

"Would you like some coffee? Water?" Sunwoo offered.

"Water is fine, thank you." Haknyeon smiled, walking over to sit down next to Yeonjun.

Sunwoo followed behind with a bottle of water.

"You know, he's a really bright kid. You've done a really good job with him." Sunwoo smiled softly.

Haknyeon hasn't heard anything like that in a long time.

"Thank you."

The pair heard soft groaning next to them.

"Daddy" Yeonjun beamed with a tired smile.

"Hey, Jun. Did you have fun today?" Haknyeon asked.

"Mhm" Yeonjun nodded happily. "Can I come back tomorrow?"

"Of course, Jun. But you have to promise to drink all of your milk tomorrow at breakfast okay?" Haknyeon said, holding out his pinky.

"I promise." Yeonjun nodded firmly, locking his pinky with his dad's.

"Okay." Haknyeon said quietly. "Well we should really get going. Do you have your stuff ready?"

Sunwoo stood up and picked up Yeonjuns backpack from the laundry room.

"Everything is in here, there may be a crayon or two missing though." Sunwoo chuckled awkwardly.

Haknyeon laughed.

"Let's hope it wasn't any of the yellow ones."

Sunwoo walked Haknyeon and Yeonjun to the door, Yeonjun was already fast asleep in his fathers arms before they even made it to the door.

"Same time tomorrow?" Haknyeon turned back to Sunwoo.

"Like clockwork." Sunwoo nodded with a kind smile.

& Kim SunWoo &

"You like him, don't you?"

Sunwoo scoffed.

"I just met the guy, you think I already like him?"

"Why not? He's attractive, he's a hard worker, he's-"

"Straight." Sunwoo interrupted.

"So you do like him." Chanhee smirked.

"No, I'm just saying that even if I did he's obviously straight. There's no way that little boy is adopted, he resembles Haknyeon way too much." Sunwoo pointed out.

"Why do you always have to be so pessimistic?" Chanhee frowned.

"I'm not being pessimistic, I'm being realistic." Sunwoo shrugged, walking away from the elder to his room.

"I'm not being pessimistic, I'm being realistic." Chanhee mocked under his breath.

"I can still hear you, you purple haired bitch." Sunwoo called out.

Chanhee rolled his eyes with a pout on his lips.

____
____

Heyo! The chapter lengths will constantly be different, sorry:/

-K