Chapter 15- The prince of Ambrosia(2)

Start from the beginning

But as far as the fact that I have the ability of a Celeste is concerned, have no intention of telling Ruveliss or the emperor anything.

"Well, there is something I must discuss with you about. But maybe some other time, when both of us are less busy." I said with an awkward smile.

His holiness must've understood that I wasn't comfortable talking about this in front of Ruveliss judging by his expression.

"....I see. Well then, I shall be on my way." Said his holiness.

"Let me escort you to the front gate, your holiness." Said Ruveliss.

Both of them left soon. I shouldn't let my guard down in front of anyone. It would be a problem if anyone suspects my Celeste ability.

***************
(Time skip)

Finally, the moment I desperately wanted to avoid arrived. We were having lunch with the envoys and prince of the Ambrosia kingdom. Luckily, they were busy talking about the various cultures of their kingdom. It was quite fascinating actually. I always had the interest to learn about different countries and their cultures. Hopefully, the rest of the time would continue like this without getting awkward.

That's when Eros looked at Cynthia and smiled.

Huh? Why is he smiling at me all of a sudden?

"I was wondering...how often do you inspect the commoners quarters your highness?" Eros asked Ruveliss.

I nearly choked on my food when he asked that. Yet again I thought too early.

"The commoner's quarters? Well, it has been almost a month." Said Ruveliss.

"The commoners quarters is a place where the most unpredictable can happen. Don't you agree princess Castina?"

What?!?!?! I was stunned to hear what he had just said. This bast*rd is trying to rat me out!!!

"I have no idea. I have never visited the commoner's quarters before in my life." I said hastily.

"Oh, is that so...I heard the festivals are quite fun there?"

"...I see," I said.

"That reminds me, recently there have been a few cases at the commoners quarters that need to be looked into." Said the emperor.

"What kind of cases?" I asked Hesitantly.

" There are rumors among the nobles about slaves being present at the commoner's quarters, getting involved with slaves in any way is forbidden, " Said Ruveliss.

I averted my eyes from him and looked down at my plate. I was so worried about what they would speak about that I did not pay attention to what I was eating.
The prince noticed my nervousness and opened his big fat mouth once again.

"Are you curious about it princess Castina?" Asked Eros.

What in the world is this guy's problem?!?! I know for a fact that Ruveliss is suspicious of me now!! I glared at the prince with cold blue eyes.

"For a matter of fact I am curious," I said.

Ruveliss and the prince were quite surprised by my answer. But there was no point in saying I wasn't, I would have been exposed by Ruveliss or the prince either way.

"After all, I have never seen a slave my entire life. The Castina empire has a law that protects the rights of our people. The law does not give anyone the power to own a human being no matter what their status is. " I said.

I was satisfied with my answer but for some reason, it looked as if I had sparked Ruveliss's and the prince's curiosity.

Lunch was finally over and Cynthia decided to head back to her palace before anything gets worse. She bid farewell to the emperor and was on her way back when she ran into the prince of Ambrosia who was speaking with his envoys on the way. Cynthia checked her surroundings to see if anyone was watching then she walked up to the prince. Seeing her approach him, the prince dismissed his envoys.

"It's lovely seeing you here princess." Said, Eros.

"I can't say I feel the same. We need to talk." I said firmly.

"My, your really straightforward, but I suppose we do. I am as curious as you are." Said, Eros.

"Firstly, why did you try to rat me out during lunch?!"

"I don't know what you are talking about." Said, Eros.

"What?! You know exactly what I am talking about your highness." I said frustrated with his act.

"You speak as if we have met before, princess." Said, Eros.

"....."

Is this how he wants to play it? Like our encounter, that day never existed?!

"........You said you are as curious as I am, what did you mean by that?" I asked.

"I would like to get to know you better your highness and I know that you want to know some things about me as well."

".....please get to the point. What do you want?" I scoffed.

"Lend me your first dance today and I shall answer anything you would like to know." He whispered.

I can't believe he has the nerve to do this!

"I shall await your answer princess." Said the prince.

I looked at the prince in astonishment while he had a smile on his face instead. In the end, I walked away without a word.

***********
I had finally reached back to my own palace. I was not feeling well since the morning and this dress is making me more suffocated. I asked the maids to help me get changed into more comfortable clothes for the time being.

"How was lunch, your highness?" Asked Julie with a smile.

"Terrible, I couldn't even enjoy the food," I said.

"Why what happened? Did prince Ruveliss say something to you?" Asked Julie.

"No, not him. He was surprisingly quiet today. It's the prince of Ambrosia that is the matter. He's trying to act too smart."

"Did he insult you in any way, your highness?!" Asked Amy.

"No, it's not like that. It's like he wants me to get into trouble or something. Now he's asking me for a dance." I said feeling frustrated.

"......you don't want to dance with the prince I presume." Said Amy.

"No, I don't. I am getting this weird feeling from him. Like he's up to something."

I felt that he was full of himself for some reason.

"Will you be dancing with him, your highness?" Asked Julie.

"I am not sure. I will see to it when the time arises." I said.

I went to my bed and lay down feeling comfortable than before. Maybe a nap will make me take my mind off all this drama.

Cynthia turned a blind eye on the matter but little did she know that the drama was yet to begin.

*******
A/N- I shall update every Tuesday and Friday. I was going to update on 5th but since today is Tuesday I updated early:)))

Thanks to all my readers who are supporting this story!!