two

𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐲 night finally rolled around with an abnormal amount of anxiousness building up in Y/N. Nevertheless, Y/N got ready with Becca for the party in the shared bathroom. Even though she felt overly anxious, her mood had lightened up slightly after going out to the bars with Bucky, Sam, Steve, Natasha, and Peggy a couple of nights ago.

It reminded her of the good times; when she wanted to live life to the fullest—when her worries seemed minuscule enough to not care about.

After changing into her outfit she bought at the mall with Becca, she made her way to the living room where Bucky immediately stood up to welcome her. He made his way to her in two large strides, taking her hand in his and leaning down to give her a quick kiss on the lips. To his surprise, she turned her face and his lips landed on her cheek instead. Y/N pulled her hand away from him and took a small step back.

Bucky furrowed his brows in confusion. Had he done something to her? She was perfectly fine up until a minute ago. What happened?

They left sometime after the awkward incident, Bucky and Y/N leaving in his truck while Winnie, George, and Becca went in Becca's shiny BMW. They arrived at the small town hall 10 minutes later, Bucky opening the door for Y/N. She ignored him though, making her way inside without waiting for him.

Inside, she spotted their friends at a table. She smiled to herself, taking a deep breath before making her way over. They all exchanged hugs and cheek kisses, compliments thrown around the group before Bucky came over. Y/N intertwined her fingers in front of her, looking down at her shoes.

A wave of sadness washed over her suddenly, her chest feeling heavy and legs numb. She decided to take a seat, not wanting to collapse in front of everyone. She took deep breaths hoping no one could tell she was currently going through a small anxiety attack. Everything seemed like too much lately. Why would anyone want to be with her or even love her? She couldn't even do that.

Y/N could feel Bucky's eyes on her the entire night, not once taking them off of her. She tried to eat, but her stomach was a mess making it nearly impossible to keep any food down no matter how hard she tried. So instead she drank away until the tips of her fingers felt numb just like the rest of her.

"Hey," she heard Bucky whisper in her ear creating a wave of chills on her body. "Let's dance."

She shrugged, pushing herself away from the table and standing up. She stumbled a bit but Bucky caught her like he always did. He was too good to her and Y/N felt terrible about it.

They made it to the middle of the dance floor, swaying to the slow song playing on the speakers at the end of the hall. Bucky wrapped an arm around Y/N's waist, his other hand coming up to hold hers. She felt at home for once while in his grip. She could almost taste the good days on the tip of her tongue again.

But when she pulled back to look Bucky in the eyes, her heart shattered into a million pieces at the look he was giving her. He was so in love with her and no one could deny it. Not even Y/N herself.

She dropped his hand, wrapping her arms around his neck instead to pull him close. His grip on her waist tightened and Y/N was sure that all the time they spent together flashed before her eyes.

"Y/N?"

She hummed in response. His lips slowly dragged against her bare shoulder before he spoke again. "You know I love you, right?"

She hummed again, afraid that her voice would crack with emotion if she spoke. He kissed her shoulder this time, his lips feeling so unfamiliar against her skin now.

"I would do anything for us—for you. I've tried to think of my life without you and I just can't," Bucky spoke from the heart. "So with my mom's ring in my pocket I wanna ask you something... will you marry me?"

champagne problemsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें