ch. 19 ♪ panicked pre-somethings.

Start from the beginning

VIDEO CALL WITH ARMOUT HAS ENDED.
DURATION OF VIDEO CALL- 41:27

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

Y/N slowly shut the laptop and buried their face in her hands, closing their (E/C) eyes in tiredness.

"I'm sorry," Mikasa said, shaking her head as she got up and enveloped Y/N in a hug, pale arms slinking around their body. "I.. I didn't think it would be that way."

'ᵉ ᵐᵉᵃⁿᵗ ᵗ ᵖˡᵃᵗᵒⁿᶦᶜᵃˡˡʸ,' ran the small voice
in the back of Y/N's head.

-

"We're here, Ms... 'Person'? Really? That's your name? You couldn't have been a bit more creative?" The taxi driver asked skeptically as he looked on the Taxi app. "Hey, I've seen you before! Aren't you that one guitarist from that one band?"

"No," I said bluntly. "Totally different person."

I scowled as I got out of the taxi cab and stepped on the concrete driveway lined with grand green bushes. Tall metal cylinders held string lights in between them, their soft glow lighting a path of visibility.

"Who ate all of the wings?!" was the first thing I heard as I entered the lively party in the courtyard of what I assumed to be Hitch Dreyss's house.

Hitch's family was incredibly rich- probably because they belonged to a family of nobles-now-businessmen. There were pretty flower bushes and small angel statues everywhere. If I had to guess, I'd say that Hitch was certainly everything she bragged about.

This was going to be a long night.

I sighed before stumbling over my feet into a tall guy with dark hair, getting a face-full of warmth as he yelped.

"Sorry," I said, brushing myself off and trying to rush past him without awkward confrontation, a bubbly feeling in my stomach as I mentally cursed myself for my poor eyesight.

"Hey- hi, Y/N," He said, grabbing me by the shoulder to make me stay, smiling kindly as he spoke. "It's me, Marlo."

"Oh, hey, Marlo!" I greeted hastily, noticing the change in pitch of my voice from shame, "How are you? What have you been up to?"

"I'm doing very well. Surely you've seen the charity for orphans in the outer districts?" Marlo asked, sipping from a juice box as opposed to the beers that everyone else held. He put a hand on his hip, mom-style, slurping loudly.

"Mhm. That was you?"

"Yep," Marlo said proudly, before switching to his charming 'I get what I want' persona- a complete pouting mess. "But you've got to tell Connie and Mikasa to join their start-up with my start-up, really! We're just useless competition now!"

"Um... I'll- sure."

He sighed, spotting Hitch and some random girl talking flirtatiously by the food tables, small smirks on both of their blushing faces. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go convince Hitch not to drink too much."

I cringed and wandered inside of the house alone. I'd left the hotel by myself, as I sensed that Jean and Eren weren't going to stop fighting anytime soon if we all went together.
It was a terrible mistake.
Going to parties without the usual buddy system sucks, because you feel awkward and usually cling onto one comforting person.

What a pain.

My eyes flickered towards the kitchen. Surely someone I knew was in there. I creeped closer and grinned to myself when I saw the people inside.