15. Nothing Would Please Me More

I was furious, so beyond pissed, I could taste my anger. Clenching and unclenching my fist, I whipped into the valet line in front of the hotel and tossed my keys at the man. I didn't even care to take my ticket, I didn't even care to greet him. My heart was thundering in my chest and I needed to find him.

Marching up to the front desk, I tried to calm down the heat in my eyes, but the woman still flinched.

"M-may I help you?"

"Is Henry Kennedy in his room?" I asked, throat tight so my voice was almost a whisper. But like one of those intimidating whispers because I was ready to fuck some more shit up.

"May I ask your name?" The woman asked, and I know she was just doing her job, but it was wasting my time and I felt the sadness creeping in on my anger.

I already threw my soup, I wasn't going to cry in a lobby as well. Taking in a deep breath, I said my name on the exhale.

"Of course, Ms. Manning, I can call up and check for you?" She asked, her eyes weary, watching me like a hawk.

I nodded for her to go ahead, turning and looking around the lobby while she called. I even tried to look into the restaurant but it was too dim and- Irene. My eyes zeroed in on the stunning girl as she made her way from the bathroom.

Most likely to her table.

Where Henry should be eating.

I pushed off the front desk, moving swiftly across the lobby as the women tried to inform me that he wasn't picking up. But I didn't hear her because my ears were filled with the sound of raging waves, and I had eyes for one person and one person only.

I stepped into the restaurant and for some reason, Henry was highlighted. It was like he was under a spotlight, in the dimly lit space, but I didn't stop to analyze that fact. No, I marched right up to the table, both he and Irene turned to look at me.

He sat up infinitely straighter when he saw me, "Courtney?"

"I need to talk to you," I said seriously, my mouth getting dry, which meant, the tears were on the way. "Now."

He was already standing, "Ire-"

"-Wait! You can't leave, our dates not over." Irene interjected, eyes wide as she looked up at Henry with pleading and a little bit of hope.

Henry patted his pockets, and then nodded, "Add the bill to my room." He told her, placing a hand on my back, but then he paused. "Date? Irene, this was just a business dinner." He said before urging me forward gently.

I didn't miss the way her face instantly fell and I might've felt bad if I wasn't too focused on wanting to smash someone's face in. But not any someone, I growled, my whole body shaking.

To Henry's credit, he kept his mouth shut the whole way to his room, which I was incredibly grateful for. If he asked me a question, especially one like are you okay? The waterworks would commence instantly.

I swallowed, crossing my arms and pressing my fist to my mouth. His stupid smirk burned into my eyes.

Henry pulled out his room key and unlocked the door, he allowed me to enter first. And as soon as I crossed the threshold, I unleashed my furry.

"The fucking nerve of that bastard!" I screeched, noting how the door clicked shut after I cursed. Not that I cared.

I let out another growl, marching over to the window and turning at a rather aggressive pace. Henry was just watching me as he made his way to the couch and I briefly realized this is the first time he's seen me like this.

Courtney & The Case of 2 Loversजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें