Dinner With The Band

"Guess what? I got reservations to that new restaurant bitches!" Duff yelled as he ran down the stairs. "No fucking way." You said in disbelief as you put your book down. "To that Chinese restaurant?" Axl chimed in. "Yeah, that place was super packed." Duff exclaimed. "Can we even afford to eat there?" Izzy asked as he pointed around the tattered space around them. "Don't be a party pooper Iz. We'll find a way." Steven said optimistically. "When do we go?" You asked. "On Friday." Duff responded. "Alright that's cool. We have around three days to get the right amount of money." Axl said. "And dress to the right attire." You added. "So how will we get the right amount of money?" Izzy asked.

As he asked that question the whole band looked at you, as if you were going to be able to do something.

"What?" You asked annoyed. "Have you ever thought of going into the stripping profession?" Slash asked. "The hell do you mean by that?" You asked shocked. "I mean, that is the only way we'll get enough money." Axl shrugged. "Yeah we would need it for parking, the meal, the tip, and paying the valet guy." Duff said as he counted everything out. "Dumbass we don't even own a car." Slash said. "So in total we're looking at probably $120 since that food is super expensive." Izzy estimated. "Why can't you be a stripper?" You asked throwing a pillow at Axl. "Sorry dear, I'm too good for strip clubs." Axl said flipping his hair. "And I'm not?" You asked offended. "You know what I mean." He sighed.

"Ok guys that's enough. Y/n doesn't have to work at a strip club." Duff said trying to calm everyone down. "Ok then, I'll volunteer to get the stripper job." Steven said holding his hand up. "I volunteer too!" Slash exclaimed. "No you dumbass let him finish." Izzy laughed. "I picked up a newspaper a couple of days ago, they could have open jobs." Axl said as he spread out the paper onto the floor.

"There's some walk on roles for some movies sets." Slash pointed out. "I can do that." He continued. "Looks like they're doing an observation at a college. They want someone to smoke?" Axl questioned. "I'd be perfect for that!" He exclaimed. "Steven you can come with me on that movie set. Not only do we get paid, we get free food!" Slash said happily. "That's great!" Steven smiled. "Let's see what's left." Duff said as he examined the job section. "There's..... community service." He muttered. "Oh, how much?" You asked. "We get 20 dollars a day, but we have to go around the streets and clean up all the trash and shit." Duff sighed. "I guess that's good." Izzy said.  "y/n, you, and I can apply, in total we'd probably get 60 dollars, already paying half of the estimated bill." Izzy thought out loud, doing the math. "Alright then. It's settled. Let's go get jobs!" You exclaimed, as the band cheered.

———
"I hate this." You muttered. The three of you had been out for hours cleaning up trash outside buildings and such, with the LA heat blazing over you guys, making you sweat and your eyes squint. "Well it's only a few more hours." Izzy sighed. "Yeah but if feels like forever when you're picking up shit that isn't even yours." Duff said annoyed. "Hey don't get mad at me! You made plans to that stupid restaurant." Izzy fired back. "Will you both shut up! If it isn't between this blistering heat, my incoming headache, and the two of you yelling, I'm gonna lose my shit." You said out loud, causing both the boys to stop.

"Besides Duff, I don't think we're meant for that." Izzy said. "Meant for what?" He asked. "We're not meant to be out with the richer people ya know? We haven't come up with a song in weeks, we have to crash with our closest friend just cause we're unsuccessful." Izzy continued, initiating you as the close friend. "I don't have a lot, and you guys know that. My place is yours, and you all know you're welcome to stay as you please. I'd do anything for you guys." You smiled. "Thanks y/n." Duff smiled back, while Izzy gave you a small hug. "Let's go you guys." Duff said as he went to the small building where the community gathering was.
———
"Ok how much did we make today?" Axl asked as you all huddled around the table. You all dropped your money as if you were children trying to gather coins for candy at the candy store. In total there was 130 dollars that was collected.

"That's more than enough!" Axl said happily as you gathered the money. "Now we just have to dress right." Duff chimed in. "I think I still have this old dress I wore to my cousins wedding." You said as you ran to your room. "You got anything for us?" Axl asked.

After hours of browsing through your moderately large wardrobe, the boys were able to find something they liked.

"Hey! That was my favorite shirt!" You whined as Slash tried it on. "Too late babe. It's mine now." He cackled. "And my earrings." You pointed out, as almost half the band had different earrings you owned. "I think with a few fixes, this will look great in us." Steven said as you all examined yourself in the bathroom mirror.
———
Friday finally came, and the six of you all walked down the streets. From the streets of LA to the lavish sidewalks from the richer side, it was great. Rags to riches one would say, but needless to say you were all hungry.

"Hi there! Reservations under Duff McKagan." Duff said as he greeted the man standing in front of the door. "Sorry sir, it seems like there wasn't a reservation under your name." The man said. "Are you serious? I put my name on the phone!" Duff yelled causing a scene. Izzy snatched the clip board from the man. "He's lying. Your name is on here Duff. He probably just doesn't want to let us in." Izzy said eying the man. "Are you serious man? I had to waste my beautiful perfect lungs for stupid research! Just so we could afford to get in here!" Axl yelled, as people looked at him weird. "Let's just go guys." You sighed as the band scoffed at the man.

"So much for that." Steven said kicking a rock. "At least we have some money to save, so you can stop wearing my clothes." You laughed. "You guys just wanna get takeout?" Slash suggested. "I guess that's fine. I'm starving." Duff laughed.

The six of you ran down the streets of the 'rich' side of LA. You all knew that it'd take a long time for you to live in those big houses, and eat with the rich folks, but you had the best thing in the world: friendship, and the feeling of living your life.

EEEEE first chapter of 2021! Once again this was all over the place, and I apologize. Sorry if this was bad, I tried 😔✊