Chapter 6

It's lunch break.
Sabine finds herself in the library, looking through all the old newspapers the school has been saving.
Most of the papers aren't that old. Mostly just from a few years ago.
Until she finds a paper that looks older from the rest. Sabine takes it out of the pile of papers en looks for the date.
It says her birthdate. She quickly flips through the newspaper, looking for striking things. When suddenly, her eye falls on a picture.
Of a couple being interviewed.
They are holding a kind of cup and they look delighted.
Their faces look... familiar?
Now Sabine is noticing. she reaches into her back pocket with her hand and pulls out the drawing she made earlier in Snape's class.
She tries to make the comparison with the images side by side. their features are indeed the same.
She looks over at the pile of papers. Another rather old-looking paper catches her glimpse.
She puts the paper she was holding on the desk besides her and reaches for the other.
That's the date Harry's parents were murdered.
There's a picture of the house and little harry.
The scar on his head still burning red because of the freshness.
But wait... there's another picture.
Another house. And the white, dead faces of again that same couple.
The pictures have the exact same timestamp as the picture of Harry.
These folks were both murdered. At the same time.
Sabine's breath is caught in her throat. If only she knew who those people were.
And that other man. The one who killed them.
She takes both newspapers in her hand, folds them and takes them with her to her dorm.

When she arrives there she locks her door behind her, grabs a piece of paper and folds open the papers.
Eyes.
Look for eyes.
She flips through all the pages. Looking for a pair of eyes that closely match the eyes of the mysterious man.
Looking for a full face sadly is not an option, because of the fact that she's only seen his features. Not the full face.
After the first paper she starts in the second one. On the first page she immediately notices a pair of eyes that match... actually quite good!
Sabine rips the picture out and separates the eyes from the rest from the face, so she can place them onto a piece of parchment.
After sticking the eyes on the parchment, she takes the piece in her hands and just looks at it for a bit.
I'll try to match the rest of the features later i guess.
She puts the parchment in her notebook and places the book in the lower drawer of the old-fashioned dresser in her room.

She sits down on her bed with a book. Virginia Woolf. A rather good writer. Sabine always loved her novels. The way she writes was just so bright.

I can only note that the past is beautiful because one never realises an emotion at the time. It expands later, and thus we don't have complete emotions about the present, only about the past.
~ Virginia Woolf

Sabine suddenly pauses reading because of a shuffling sound in front of her door. Even a few whispers.
Her curiosity takes over as she walks up to her door. She quickly opens it to see two shocked teachers. Mcgonnagal and Snape.
'What the hell are you two whispering about in front of my door?' Sabine asks them annoyed.

'We... well we.., Severus please tell miss Vervain why we are here? I already followed you to here.'
Snape looks flustered. Now he has to explain what him and Mcgonnagal were doing.

'I'm kinda waiting for my answer?'