13 || No Longer Warm

-3rd person's P.O.V-

What Carter was feeling right now was the same thing she felt when she knew she wouldn't n be able to see her father again. That deep void inside her when she saw someone she loved the most gone.

Someone that was her first friend ever when she got to Earth. Her crystal tears fell down her cheeks as she cried for Peter Parker. That young guy that she fell in love with years ago and still loved very much.

Tony Stark was also in shock. He couldn't believe that their hand just lost against Thanos and that Peter was gone. He was worried for his friends at Earth and Pepper.

He only prayed that she was also right alright and hadn't become dust like the rest. Nebula well she was most of the time a cold person. Only cared for her sister Gamora.

Gamora was also gone and because of that, it caused Quill to get angry and made them lose their grip on Thanos. But nobody blames him, pretty sure anyone else would've reacted the same way.

The floor where Carter sat over had slowly turned into ice as she wasn't fully in control of that with the sorrow inside her.

Tony sighed seeing Nebula had managed to fix a little the spaceship and they could get on it. He went to touch her shoulder but pulled back when he felt her freezing skin.

His eyes glanced at Nebula who shrugged. She didn't n know much about Cristallian's just the basics. "Um Carter..." the girl let out another sob and shook her head feeling that if she got up that she'd be saying a definitive goodbye to Peter.

She didn't even get to tell him that. That she loved him back and she didn't don't know what he wanted to say to her. His last words were just the nickname that he would always call her and that she loved to hear him say.

She felt so special and dear to him just hearing him call her that. He made it up when young and at first, she wasn't all about nicknames but later on, when she became more humble around humans, she started to like it.

And sometimes it felt weird not hearing him say that.

"We have to go" Nebula tells them and Carter shook her head again feeling herself get colder. A tear dropped down her cheek and mid-way it turned into ice and shattered once again on the ground.

Her kind never really cried Ice. That sounds like something only in fairytales. But the only times they did was when they were sad when they felt anything that could keep them warm gone.

Her mother did when they left Cristallo. And Carter would've too if it wasn't for the fact that some time hasn't passed and the impact of that news may have softened.

Tony bend down beside her and went to touch her shoulder again only for him to retrieve his hand. "We need to go kid" he tells her in a statement manner.

"You can just leave me here" she whimpers making them frown.

"I think it's better if we stay together-"

"I don't want to leave! What if he comes back?" she held onto something impossible right now. Tony wanted to tear up and he had but right now the girl needed someone who was strong.

"He won't" Nebula tells her.

Carter turned her blue eyes to the blue girl. "How do you know?"

"It's the Infinity Stones. Nothing can come back after the snap" her voice low and deep with not much emotion. Carter frowned shaking her head getting up and turning to them.

"You can't possibly give up that easily. You can't give up that easily" she pointed at Stark who raised an eyebrow.

"I tried! The Wizard gave up the stone!" he yelled at her and her with a huff let out the ice around them freezing some of their surroundings.

Luckily the ice didn't hit any of them. She groaned and held her stomach where the wound hadn't healed yet. She stumbled forward Tony catching her.

"I had warned all of you, none of you listened" she whispers to him as she's holding onto him for support. Yet he was hurt too.

"If I could go back and change it I would, but I can't. And I'm sorry I really am, I cared for him. You weren't the only one that lost someone" he tells her in a serious tone not any of his jokes like he usually does.

Carter frowns as she bites back a sob. "I warned him..." she cried and he held her up nodding. "I know. But we can't do anything right now, or here. We need to leave this place" he says to her and after just in defeat nods her head.

What can she do when she's finally hit reality? When she's finally realized she's lost, someone? It was like she slowly felt herself turn cold inside.

She wouldn't become someone emotionless about this, but cold as in she's been removed from anything humanly warm inside.

Once inside the spaceship, Carter sat down on the top seats as she put on the seatbelt and pushed her leg up to her chest. She couldn't believe she was leaving back without Peter. Without the one, she did everything with.

She tried to protect him and he was this happy guy who wanted to help with everything he could. Make people proud and be apart of something as big as the Avengers.

For him at least. Because even right now the only hero Carter has ever believed in was dead.

(A/N) Hello peeps!!

Cater are apart! She feels devastated and how it was Tony who had comforted her the moment Peter was gone. The fact that she wanted to stay in hopes of him coming back broke my heart.

Sorry for any misspellings :)

Remember to stay safe <3

Follow me on Instagram: whorv06.wp

Comment what you think!