twenty-two; morning after

A U R O R A

"I ain't even think of leaving sometimes, I ain't even think of letting go. I ain't ever thought of going nowhere, I don't even see it down the road. Cause we collected moments, tattoos on my mind."

. . .

When gaining consciousness the next morning, it takes me a couple of seconds to realize what happened.

And the arm loosely laying across my waist is proof that it was real.

Turning around, I'm met with Riccardo lying on his back, his eyelashes resting against his cheek as his chest rises up and down.

With a grin, I put my hands on his chest and rest my chin on top of them, watching him like a creep.

I slept great in his arms, and with his body pressed against mine. Cuddling into his chest, have his steady breathing resound above me and assuring me of his presence, even though through all the haze I sometimes thought I was imagining it.

Goosebumps erupt on my skin when I feel him move and open his eyes, exposing those hazel eyes.

His eyes meet mine in an instant, and he seems to assess the situation. I send him a sheepish smile.

"Good morning," I whisper. He sits up a bit, causing me to do the same, and my heart drops when I see a frown covering his face. "Aurora?" he asks.

"In the flesh," I chuckle, wanting to lighten the mood. "Last night..."

"Happened," I finish for him. "Fuck," he mutters, and with that word, my mood has gone sour.

I watch him stand up from the bed and rake a hand through his hair. The corner of my lips tugs downwards.

"You're regretting it," I state.

"How could I not?" he replies. That cuts me deep.

"Last night shouldn't have happened," he goes on to say and turns around to look at me. I frown and stand up, growing annoyed.

His eyes drop down to what I'm wearing, and he averts his eyes, swallowing. "So what, you decide to have some fun and then toss me aside? I'm not that easy," I spit out, taking a step towards him.

"I have a girlfriend," he reminds me once again.

"That's the second time you said it! Is that the only excuse you can come up with? You've already cheated on her multiple times," I say, wanting him to face the truth.

I sucked him off, he enjoyed the fuck out of it and I want it to happen again.

"What we did is wrong," he whispers. "Then why the fuck did you finger me, that time? You could've rejected my request of sleeping with you, or you could've kept your hands to yourself. But you didn't. Do you know what you want?" I ask, wanting to know the answer.

He clenches his jaw.

"I was trying to help relieve the pain, I know how much it can hurt," he says. "Bullshit," I hiss.

"You could've told me to leave yesterday, but you didn't. You let me sleep with you, let me take your dick in my mouth. And you know what happened next? We kissed, a lot. That doesn't happen by accident."

My body gets warm all over again at the memory of when we kissed. He was so gentle yet rough at the same time. Not sloppy or aggressive. It was perfect.

But I need to keep my head focused. God, how I wish this morning would've gone differently.

"I know everything that went down, no need to tell me twice," is all he says. It hurts me that he doesn't want to remember.