Ten

Athena was on guard at sunhigh. It was a warm spring day, and she was back to full health. A month ago, she had taken full warrior status. Above, the birds were singing, and she felt like herself again, wild and free. Her senses whipped back to full alert as she heard bushes rustling up ahead. She shapeshifted into a fox, to hear everything around her. But to her relief, it was just a patrol returning to camp. She dipped her head to them, then continued to scan the undergrowth.

The sun sunk to the lower middle of the sky, where the day was hottest. She used a few ferns for cover, then continued to keep alert for any signs of invasion. Although the tribes were now allies, Athena had not forgotten the threat of the humans. She was just about to go get the next century for guard duty, when she heard loud rustling coming from a bush a few strides ahead. As she peered closer, she saw a strange, big stick, jutting out from the bush like a broken twig. As she started to step towards it, a dart shot out. Ducked to dodge it, then realized the humans have finally made their move to take over the sacred forest.

She sprinted into camp, calling a warning. In an instant, the warriors formed a line and shape shifted into tigers, ready to protect the forest. But just after Athena, the humans entered. And this time there were so many of them, all wearing the camouflage suits. Athena froze, hardly believing she's seeing those wretched camouflage people again. Aria tried to call her to take cover, but it was too late.

The person in the camouflage from the strange room tackled her, pinning her to the ground. "Didn't think we would find you and your little tribe? Well, here we are! You creatures are amazing, and you could be the next step towards the future. The person in camouflage picked her up, with his hands around her throat. Athena could've easily fought him off, but she was in too much of a state of shock to do so.

From his pocket, the person in camouflage withdrew a large needle, stabbing Athena's side with it. Athena tried to break free, but the person in camouflage just held her throat tighter. "You have betrayed us. You know our secrets. You have provided amazing discoveries, but this is the end of the line for you." The person in camouflage gripped her throat tighter and tighter, until she could barely breathe. She tried to call for help, but no sound came out. Around her, her companions were being beaten. The people in camouflage injected something strange into them, to where they couldn't shapeshift. Although they were agile and skillful warriors, the injections were making them weak.