Ch.6 Not Giving Up

■Bokuto's POV■

I was alone in my shared room with Shoyo. Shoyo and Tsum-Tsum are out, dragging Omi kun with them. I told them my hand is kind of hurt so I stayed.

Actually, it's not my injury that's hurt. it's my chest. I recall last night's event with Y/N. Well of course she rejected me, what did I expect? I made her cry, cheated on her, and hurt her.

I decided to call Akaashi, it's still 6 in the morning in Japan but Akaashi always wakes early.

Akaashi : hello Bokuto san, what is it?

Bokuto : Akaashi, last night I talked to Y/N

I told Akaashi about what happened last night.

Akaashi : I guess as much, I know she would forgive you... L/N senpai could never be mad at you for long.

Bokuto : but, she still rejected me...

I hear Akaashi sigh on the other line, it seems like he was thinking.

Akaashi : Bokuto san... did L/N san look at you when she rejects you?

I was startled by his question. Last night when she rejected me, she looks at the ground. Well, I'm not sure but, she's definitely not looking at me.

Bokuto : she didn't Akaashi... she avoided my eyes.

Akaashi : Bokuto san... I've been with the both of you since before you guys are dating. I know one of L/N san's habits... she will avoid your eyes when she said something opposite of what she wants.

Bokuto : what do you mean Akaashi?

Akaashi : L/N san... she couldn't lie if she looks you in the eyes.

I was surprised, does she really do that? Is that mean... last night... it's not her honest feelings?

Bokuto : Akaashi...

Akaashi: Bokuto san, are you not gonna talk to her again?

I was stunned... I think for a while, do I want to stop pursuing her? My head remembering a lot of things about her.

Our moment together pouring into my mind. I want all of them back, I want to feel them all again.

Bokuto : Akaashi... I'll talk to her again.

Akaashi: let's just say I cheer on you Bokuto san, but don't pester her...

Bokuto : I understand, thankyou Akaashi.

With that, I ended the call with Akaashi. I got up from my bed and changed. I go somewhere and looking for something, chocolate.

Y/N likes chocolate when she's down. Now I walk towards the clinic from yesterday.

■3rd Person POV■

Bokuto is sitting at the bar in front of the clinic, he sits at the same spot from yesterday. He waited until the time showed the exact time as when he came yesterday.

He thought maybe if he visits the clinic at the exact same time, Y/N will be the one who checks on him

He finally walks into the clinic and to the front desk. Bokuto register himself for a check-up.

Not long after Y/N showed up from the room, she looks at him with a troubled face. Bokuto thought thank god it's her.

Y/N: Mr. Bokuto Kotaro...

Bokuto walk to the room and close the door behind him. He sits on the bed as yesterday and Y/N came to him.

Y/N: wha... what's wrong? Is it hurt?

Bokuto : ah yes... it's aching

Y/N open the bandage and check on the wound. Bokuto focuses on Y/N face, not caring about the girl doing to his hand.

Y/N : some part of the stitches are opened... what did you do? I told you to be careful with your wound yesterday...

Y/N said in a whimper, she started to fix the wound and wraps it with new bandages. Bokuto could see that she's genuinely worried about him. It made him feel happy.

Y/N: it's done... please be more careful next time... if it's good, the stitch could be removed after 7 to 10 days...

Bokuto : thankyou... here

Bokuto hold the bag of of chocolate he bought in front of Y/N. Y/N look at it a bit surprised but then she look away at the report paper.

Y/N: I'm sorry sir but giving something to a doctor in the clinic is a sign of gratification... it's not allowed

Bokuto wince at her voice, she didn't look at him only scribbling something on the report.

Y/N: if you have any complaints about the wound I suggest you come earlier than this hour tomorrow so you could see my superior... or maybe visit a bigger hospital to got it treated...

Bokuto : I told you... you're the only one who can heal me

Y/N was startled but then she tried to shook her head.

Y/N: Bokuto san, your treatment is done, you may leave...

With that Bokuto leave, and walk out of the clinic.

Bokuto: why am I so stupid... I should've known giving something to a doctor in their workplace is prohibited...

I look back at the clinic, and at the bag in my hand. I remember what Y/N said.

Bokuto : I'm not giving up, if I can't give it to you in here... then I'll give it to you outside.

■Y/N POV■

My shift ended, I grab my stuff in my locker and then say goodbye to my colleagues. I walk out of the clinic and head out to the gate. I remember Bokuto san who came this afternoon... why did he do that?

When I'm out of the clinic's gate I walk to my house. Just then someone tapped my shoulder.

Y/N: Bo- Bokuto san? Why are you here?

When I turn around Bokuto san was standing in front of me, holding the chocolate bag in Infront of him.

Bokuto: I waited... so I can give it to you.

Y/N: why are you doing this... I... last night I alre-

Bokuto : I'm not giving up Y/N... I'm not giving up on you... you know I could be quite a persistent right?

He's right... Bokuto san sometimes could be very persistent. He is always able to convince me to do what he wants or give him something. But I...

Y/N: Bokuto san please... understand, I can't accept it.

Bokuto: then throw it...

I look up at him... his eyes staring straight at my eyes. I was lost in his eyes for a moment. He looks deep into my eyes, he never did this before.

Y/N: you can't do that...

Bokuto : I bought this for you Y/N... if you don't want it, might as well throw it away.

He looks sad... why did he do all of this. If this keeps going on, it'll be hard to keep my feelings in check.

I reach out and take the bag from him. He looks happy and smiles.

Bokuto: thank you for taking it... please enjoy it Y/N.... I'll see you again tomorrow.

With that, he left me here. My chest feels heavy.

Y/N: Bokuto san...

Why did he act like this? I know he's a persistent one, but... why... to me?

Why did my heart still flutter whenever I see him?

Why... am I so afraid to say something while looking at his eyes?