:; keep me from my own company

A/N: This imagine is heavily inspired by the song company by leyla blue

The boys, Dezi, Maddy and I decided on having a movie night tonight, after watching a few comedies and horror films we all crashed on the couches. One by one they all fell asleep.

I, unfortunately, could not seem to close my eyes. This unwanted company kept me up, her voice echoed through my head. My inner voice making me feel worthless. My worst enemy but at least I have company.

That leads me to now. Here I was, 3 in the morning, sitting in front of my mirror, tears stained my cheeks and my eyes were bloodshot and watery.

My insecurities kept creeping up on me and one by one I was letting them win the ongoing battle in my head. I had enough, my constant doubts and what if's had made me feel tired and weak. I had finally decided, I would get water and attempt to fall asleep with the one voice who had a malicious laugh.

I made my way down the stairs, one shaky step after another, finally hitting the cold tiled flooring. I tiptoed past the lounge room full of my sleeping friends and entered the kitchen making a beeline for the fridge. I grabbed the first water bottle I could find and took a swig.

"Hey, what are you doing up so late," Vinnie's deep sleepy voice sliced through the unwelcome thoughts. I froze on the spot.

"Um, just getting some water. Dry throat," I whispered out to him. My back still faced him. I didn't want him to see me like this. We weren't the closest of friends but we still cared for each other.

"Y/N, are you ok? Be completely honest," This is what I feared in this moment, that one small question. Are you ok?

"Mhm" A simple nod of my head should be suffice for him. Right?

"Well crying at 3am doesn't sound like your ok," He says with a more serious tone than earlier.

I take a deep breath and turn to face him, he's standing there with his arms crossed over his chest. Once he sees my face, he gives me look of concern and the water works begin again. He immediately rushes towards me and engulfs me in a tight comforting hug.

"Hey, hey, hey, you're ok. I've got you, I'm here for you," Vinnie softly whispers in my ear, while he gently strokes my back.

"Can you lay down with me please?" I ask through sobs.

"Of course." He slings his arm around my shoulder and pulls me in tight while we walk up the stairs again.

Vinnie lays on my bed and opens his arms to welcome me in. I lay with my head on his chest, our arms are wrapped around each other, his fingers trace small images on my arms and our legs are tangled around one another.

"What happened? Unless you don't want to tell me right now, it's ok. Just know I'm here for you," Vinnie speaks out.

"My thoughts, they're just keeping me awake. It's silly really," I softly say.

"It's not, talk to me about it."

"Hard as she tries, she'll never be a friend to me. At least I know she'll never leavе, you know?" Vinnie gives me a small nod. "I can't dеny, that I like the fight, at least I got company. But the one thing that scared me is when she's by my side, late in the night, this girl in my mind. She keeps me company."

Vinnie holds me tighter as he whispers in my ear, "I love you Y/N and I'm always gonna be here for you."

I let out my last sob and slowly that voice fades she screaming for me to come back so that she can win. But while I'm in Vinnie's arms, she lets out her witchy laugh as she disappears for a while. Who knows how long she'll be gone for.

"Thank you for keeping me from my company. I appreciate it V," I say to him.

"Anytime Y/N/N," He says with a deep sleepy voice that can put me to sleep in seconds.

I guess I can sleep peacefully for now.

A/N: ummmm, so vinnie in the hype house. how are we feeling about this? i'm gonna manifest that this was all just a new years joke. so turn up just like magic by ariana grande and manifest for this to be a joke. no offence if you like the hype house, just personally it's not for me lmao.