"Jennie, I'm trying to-"

"Trying to what?"

"..." Lisa didn't have the answer.

"Lis-"

"Look, I'm tired. I'll make it up to you, all of you, okay? Just be patient a little longer."

"We've been doing nothing but wait, Lisa." Jennie clenched her jaw, turning out her heels away from her wife.

Lisa watched Jennie's back disappeared inside the kid's room. Sighing heavily, she took a long hot shower then getting ready for another stressful work.

---

7.26 a.m., Lisa stared at the clock, contemplating how many minutes she could spend with her children before off to hospital. Ten? Fifteen minutes? It should be enough time.

She entered the playroom, finding Aorta, Artery and Venous, all fresh from the shower, absorbed with their toys. She approached Aorta first, instead of kissing her like she asked for, Aorta turned his body away from Lisa. She requested the same thing from Venous and sadly, she got the same treatment.

That rejected gesture from Aorta and Venous sent a chill through her body. She was weary and needed some space. But she didn't mean that. She would never mean that.

"Hey, Buddy." Lisa poked Artery's back, smiling full of hope he wouldn't turn her down, too. "Do you want play with Dada later?"

"When?" He asked without looking up, still busy with his toys.

"Later afternoon?'

Artery stopped moving his car, frowned a little before saying, "Dada always home late. Artery sleeps before Dada home."

The smile on Lisa's face faded. His statement was clear enough. He didn't believe she could make it. Had she made that promise often? Had she broke it off each time?

"Aorta, Artery, Venous, let's go! Donald Duck and Goofy couldn't wait long." Jennie sang song from the hallway. The kids immediately flew off of their butt, delightedly ran to their mommy.

Lisa could hear the laughter outside their playroom. She felt left out. Their joy didn't include her. She had no idea what Donald Duck Jennie meant. Where would they go this morning?

Lisa slowly walked out of the room, watching her wife putting socks for Aorta. Venous in serious manner was trying to put it on by herself. Her fingers were still so tiny. She was having a hard time doing such a simple work. Artery was in the corner, making weird sound as if he was fighting with his robot.

"Let Dada help you with that, Sweet Heart." Lisa gently taught Venous how to pull up the socks to her ankle. It took time but she finally made it. The little girl grinned widely then turned to Jennie, showing off her good job. The mommy then gave the little girl peck on her lips, said she was a smart girl.

Lisa wanted a kiss, too. Unfortunately she didn't get one. Venous was already running with her brother to the front door.

"Why are you still here?" Jennie shouldered her bag. "I thought you're going to the hospital again?"

"Yeah." Lisa scratched the back of her head. "Um, where are you guys going?"

"The park. It's Sunday, Lisa. This week Disney characters will be there." Jennie increase her brow. "Right, you never take them there. Never mind."

"Wait," Lisa grabbed Jennie's wrist, "can I at least get a hug from you?'

Hesitantly, Jennie enfolded Lisa and patted the latter's back. "Don't forget your meal." Jennie smiled a little. "Off we go, kids!"