Chapter 30

Rory didn't open her eyes until quarter of twelve. She wasn't rushing though. Happy had a tendency of being late so she figured she still had at least forty-five minutes to shower and dress. When she stepped out of the bathroom, soaking wet, he was sitting on her couch with a beer.

"Jesus, Hap." She stumbled back, the surprise terrifying more than it should have in her jumpy state. "I didn't hear you come in."

"You gave me a key, remember, for emergencies and shit."

"Yeah, I know, you just scared me. Give me a few minutes."

"You can go like that." He said looking over her wrapped up in the towel. Rory rolled her eyes but smirked as she turned back into her bedroom.

Deciding on a pair of denim shorts and a T-shirt, Rory stepped out and sat beside him to tie on her sneakers. It wasn't sexy but she didn't want to seduce him, Rory was hoping to go the opposite route and actually have Happy talk to her.

"Ready?" She asked, checking the clip before shoving it in her messenger back. "I can drive."

"No." He shook his head and swung open the door, Rory following after as she slung her bag over her head. "I'll drive."

--

Being so close to him, the Harley rumbling beneath them, Rory found it easier to understand why she ignored the red flags before. It was intoxicating, especially to someone like her; a little twisted and always racing toward the next thrill.

They arrived at the barn, the place they first met, and Rory felt a jolt of fear run through her. That had been her biggest obstacle since the attack but she wondered why that was the event to shake her and nothing before. Surely, she was close to death that day when Happy stumbled upon her, but it didn't have the same affect.

"Shit," Rory jumped off his bike. "Here I was thinking we'd go to an actual gun range."

"Convicted felon, I shouldn't even have gun, they'd never let me on a range."

Rory smiled and shook her head. "Alright then."

He pushed open the doors and stepping in pulled out three guns from his pants and holster. "I didn't know how you felt about yours. Sometimes a different gun fits you better."

Unsure if he was consciously making his words sound vaguely sexual or she had a filthy mind Rory just nodded. If anyone knew what fit her it was Happy. Laying hers on the makeshift table with the three he brought along she looked at each, weighing them in her right hand one by one.

"I miss MY gun." She said, dropping the last one down again. "Guess it's better you didn't take it apart and shit. That was pretty clever."

"Slim chance you'd be tied to it after I filed the numbers down but dead men can't defend themselves so fuck him." Happy snatched up a pistol and tossed it between his hands. "Try this one." He handed it to her and tapped his chest. "Just pretend I'm gonna hurt you."

"You did." She grumbled and raised the gun, training it on him. With a smirk he faked her out, lunging a few inches, and Rory screamed stumbling back and dropped the gun.

"Dickhead!" She hollered and stepping forward shoved him. "Why did you do that?"

"Don't matter how great your shooting is, if your scared you won't pull the trigger." He picked up the gun and placed it back on the table.

"What if I did?" She asked in horror. "I could have shot you."

Happy smiled and shook his head. "Wasn't loaded. I gave you the heaviest one so you wouldn't notice the weight difference."

Rory was touched by the thought he put into it even if it was dark and strange. "Well, looks like you won't be of any help if I have a head problem and not an aim problem."

"I have an idea for that."

"Which is?"

"I have someone to take care of, I want you with me on it. You're not some little bitch." He stepped closer to her. "When you killed that chick you were scared, your next one you were great. You need to get it back, I can help."

It made sense, in a sick way that would only probably occur to him. A normal person would tell her she needed therapy or selfdefense but Happy simply suggested killing someone.

"When?" Without her realizing it Happy had closed the gap between them. She looked up at him, her breath catching in her throat, and she knew what he was going to do. Before he could kiss her, Rory ducked and slipped out from between him and the load bearing post. "Before we do anything, we need to talk." Happy stood in his spot quietly and waited for her to continue. "Really? Nothing?"

"What do you want me to say?"

"What did you feel when you saw me in that alley?"

"Ahh, shit, Rory. What do you want from me?"

"This is crazy. WE are crazy." Dusting off her shirt she took a few deep breaths. "I don't even know what this is anymore but I need more than sex, eating and murder, Hap. This is fucking fun, I love it, but at the end of the day I don't get anything of substance from you."

"I was scared." He uttered. "I thought you were gonna die and I didn't want to feel that."

Her eyes fell to the floor, his confession surprising and upsetting. "See? I hardly know you. I thought you were mad. Mad at me and that asshole and of course Johnny and Jeffrey. I had no idea you were actually scared."

"You were unconscious and I had shit to take care of, I couldn't tell you. You were fine anyway so I just didn't. When I found him, he said shit about you so I cut his tongue out."

Rory drew her head back and groaned. "Jesus, I didn't need to hear that much." She understood why he said it though. Maybe Happy expressed himself in ways she didn't realize, it still wasn't enough though. "I need more from you." She said.

He shrugged, unsure else he could offer Rory, and began to put his guns away. Whatever they were doing up there was done. "Girl, there's nothing you don't have." There were times sharing emotions didn't occur to him and there were times he was evasive purposely, this was the latter.

"How do you feel about me?" She asked, terrified of the answer.

He turned and gripped her arms, pushing her against the wall. "What do you think? I should have killed you months ago at that motel but I didn't. I've done more for you than any chick I've ever fucked and I actually came back for more. You made me feel shit, you're the only one I want. I hate it but I need you."

"Happy." She sighed, but, unlike Rory, he didn't need words. In an effort to silence her, Hap pressed his lips to hers and wrapping his arms around her, crushed her against him. Their kiss intensified and she snaked her arms around his neck, needing to be as close to him as possible.

Feeling his erection pressing against her, Rory slipped her hands to his belt and nimbly unbuckled it and his fly. "Please." She moaned into his mouth as his fingers crept into her shorts to caress her. "I missed you."

Swiftly lifting her and laying her back, on the very same table he had before, Happy yanked her shorts and panties off. Running his tongue along her teasingly, he growled at the taste, sweet and painfully addictive, that he needed. Rory, trembled and moaned as he lapped at her and gripped his head wanting to prolong the sensation.

Forcing his head up despite her efforts and pushing his boxers down to his knees Happy slipped into her with a satisfied growl. "You're mine," he said holding her tight against him as he moved. "You're always mine."

She knew she was. Rory hooked her ankles behind him as they moved together, reconnecting and expelling the pent up anger between them. Her back arched as she climaxed, her body quivering beneath him as he finished seconds later. Smiling and suppressing a cough, she tugged his shirt to bring him in for a kiss.

"Don't make me question it then, Hap."

--

I can keep this going if you're not tired of it yet! Let me know if you want Rory and Happy to continue on their adventures together or not! I won't prolong something if you guys feel you've had enough. Let me know! Xo And yes, it's 4 am but I can't sleep.