Chapter 7- The truth

Start from the beginning

"So tell me about that shiner you got there." He said, pointing to the fading bruise. Kyler brought his hand up to his eye. "Oh, this, uh this is from wrestling." He lied. Daniel, noticing his bruised knuckles, didn't believe him. "You know, I dodged the wrong way, and I caught an elbow. It's stupid." Kyler laughed awkwardly.

"Is that how you hurt your hand too?" Daniel asked with an amused smile. Kyler looked down at his bruised knuckles and put his hands in his lap embarrassed. "It's OK. I was in my share of fights back in high school." Daniel reassured.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Come on, Kyler. I know high school kids can be rough."

"No, it wasn't a kid. Well, there was one kid."

"So there was a fight."

Kyler let out a grunt of defeat. "Is there something going on at home?" Daniel asked worriedly. Maybe Y/N's fight and Kyler's bruises were unrelated? That's what Daniel was hoping for. He didn't want Sam dating someone like Kyler. Someone like Johhny Lawerence.

"Oh no. No. Um...Ok just... Some guy and some girl at a mini-mall, they just jumped me and my friends." Kyler answered slowly. Daniel looked at him confused. "What?" He questioned. "Yeah. We were just at the store trying to get...some protein bars. And yeah... some homeless-looking guy, and some random girl, started giving us a hard time. And next thing we know they start busting out some karate."

"Karate?" Daniel asked. At this point, Y/N was heading back to the dining room. "Wait, wait, wait. Wait a minute, wait a minute. What mini-mall was this?" Daniel asked as Y/N walked in. Kyler looked up at Y/N as he answered, "Reseda mini-mall."

Daniel looked at Y/N and then back at Kyler as the two stared, well more like glared at each other. "Y/N come with me, we're going on a ride," Daniel said getting up from the table and storming out. "What did you tell him?" Y/N asked angrily. "Oh, the truth. How you and that homeless man attacked me and my friends while we were buying protein bars." Kyler replied smugly. "That's not true and you know it." She spat. "Y/N! Let's go!" Daniel yelled. "Have fun."

Y/N walked out of the house and got into the car with Daniel. As soon as her seatbelt was on, he stomped on the gas and gunned it to the strip mall. "Why didn't you tell me about Johnny?" Daniel asked angrily. Y/N squirmed in her seat. "I didn't know it was important information." She answered wearily. "Were you telling me the truth? Because Kyler told a different story." Daniel stated. Y/N nodded. "Yes, I swear I'm telling the truth." She said truthfully. Daniel glanced over to the girl and saw she was being honest. Now he didn't know whom to believe. Well, he'd have to wait until they got to Cobra Kai.

They pulled into the parking lot and Daniel was out of the car before Y/N could even undo her seatbelt. He opened the door, making the bell ring above. Johnny, hearing this, walked out of his office. "Welcome to Cobra Kai." He said before looking up. He saw Daniel standing there, a scared Y/N behind him. Y/N was worried about two things. Daniel hating her for fighting Kyler and Johnny hating her for being with Daniel. She may not know what the history was between the two, but she knew there was history there.

"Some things never change." Daniel spat, glaring at Johnny as he moved forward slowly. "Yeah, what are you talking about?" Johnny asked, his eyes flickering over to Y/N, who refused to look at him. "I heard you and Y/N beat up a bunch of teenagers in that parking lot," Daniel replied, jerking his thumb to the parking lot. "Oh, that. No. We didn't beat up any teenagers. We kicked the shit out of a bunch of assholes who deserved it." Johnny remarked with a smug grin.

Daniel scoffed. "Wow. Johhny Lawerence calling someone else an asshole. That's rich man." Johnny glared at him angrily. "What's that supposed to mean?" He asked. "Nothing. Look, I'm not here to rehash the past. Just stay away from daughter's friends." Daniel demanded. Johnny rolled his eyes.

"Your daughter's friends? Yeah, that makes sense. Nice company she keeps."

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"It means those friends of hers were wailing on a girl and a kid half their size. Maybe you don't know your daughter as well as you think you do. Get your house in order, LaRusso."

Daniel moved forward angrily. "Who the hell do you think you're talking to?" He questioned angrily. The two older men were standing no more than 10 feet apart, their fists clenched as they glared at each other. "Bathroom's clean!" Miguel's voice rang catching Y/N's attention. Miguel came out of the bathroom and removed his headphone, looking between the two men and Y/N confused.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Sensei..." He started before Daniel cut him off. "Sensei? Really? Oh my god, kid. I don't know what he's told you, but you shouldn't believe a word this guy says or you're gonna end up exactly like him." Daniel turned and looked at Y/N. "You too, Y/N. I can tell you're a good kid. Don't listen to him." He said softly. Y/N looked down at her feet awkwardly, while Johhny glared at Daniel more angrily than he already was. How dare he tell these kids not to listen to him?

"You and I...We aren't done." Daniel said before turning on his heel and walking away. "I'm right here man." Johnny challenged. Daniel ignored him and walked over to Y/N who had stayed closer to the door, watching the whole thing. He placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. "I'm sorry what happened with Kyler. And if you need a better teacher, you know where to find me." He whispered in her ear. He patted her before walking out of the dojo.

"Sensei I-" She started. He rose a hand, dismissing her apology. "It's alright kid. Danielle has always been dramatic." He reassured with a smile. Y/N sighed in relief. But Daniel's words kept turning around in her head.  "And if you need a better teacher, you know where to find me."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N Sorry for not updating yesterday I wasn't feeling well. Also with school starting again, I don't know how often I'll be able to update. I've been trying to update everyday but we'll just have to wait and see. I actually did this instead of hw lol.

Anyways thanks for 1K reads! I actually thought this story would barely get 20 so it means a lot that people are interacting and love the story. It motivates me to want to write more so thank you so much :)