Chapter 67- Uncomfortable conversations

Y/N walked into the kitchen, grabbing some water from the fridge. "Uh, what the hell are you doing here?" Anthony's voice asked. Y/N looked up to see Johnny standing at the stove, dishing the broccoli rabe onto a plate as Anthony glared at him.

The LaRussos' had decided to invite Carmen, Miguel, Johnny, and Y/N over for a nice dinner after a tough day of training. Carmen and Amanda were sitting in the living room chatting while Miguel and Sam were out back talking. Y/N had been with them but she hesitantly left them to grab something to drink from the kitchen.

"I was invited. Who the hell are you?" Johnny asked. "Dad, this is Anthony, remember? Daniel's son?" Y/N questioned. Johnny looked at Y/N before looking back at Anthony, realization crossing his features. "Wait, you're the son? What did you do, switch over to Whopper Juniors?" Johnny mocked. "It's called a growthspurt. Dipshit." Anthony muttered. "Still a piece of crap."

"Alright dad why don't you go back to the dining room to see if Daniel needs more help." Y/N suggested. Johnny glared at Anthony one more time before leaving the kitchen, the dish of broccoli rabe clutched tightly in his hand. "So, here to yell at me?" Anthony asked. "No, actually. I just wanted to talk to you." Y/N replied. Anthony rolled his eyes.

"Look, I'm not sorry for what I did. That kid is a loser."

"How is he a loser?"

"He just is, alright? He thinks he can come here and just act like that and people will like him?"

"I seem to remember you "acting like that" not too long ago."

Anthony fell quiet. "Listen, Anthony. I'm not telling you you have to be friends with Kenny, I'm just telling you to lay off of him. It's not fun being bullied, believe me I would know." Y/N stated. Anthony looked at her. "You were bullied? How is that possible?" Anthony asked, bewildered. Y/N smiled. "That's a story for another time."

"Kids, dinner!" Amanda called. "Looks like we're needed," Y/N stated, turning to leave. Before she could leave, Anthony caught her sleeve. "Thank you for not telling anyone." He said. Y/N nodded. "You're welcome. If you be nice to Kenny, then my lips are sealed." She replied. "It's a deal." Anthony said, sticking his hand out. Y/N shook it. "Deal."

The two retracted their hands and walked into the kitchen just as Sam and Miguel walked in, laughing at something. Y/N tried to ignore the jealousy and anger that coursed through her. Anthony must've noticed because he gave her a nudge. Y/N looked at him and he shook his head. Y/N rolled her eyes and walked over, taking the chair next to Carmen.

Miguel took the seat next to her and shot her a wide smile. Y/N sent him back a fake one before looking down at her plate. Miguel frowned at this but shook his head and started digging into his food. "So how's business?" Carmen asked. Daniel shrugged. "Uh, the dealerships' been the best it's been in years. It should practically be on autopilot by the time Sam takes over. Right, Sam?"

Sam gave an uneasy smile. "Dad-" She started. "You're gonna take over the dealership? That's awesome." Miguel stated. "Well-" Sam tried again. "Na, an, it's just an inside joke. When Sam was a little girl, she used to walk around like she owned the place." Daniel replied, cutting Sam off. "Well, can you blame her? She was practically raised on that showroom floor. Almost born on it too." Amanda added, making Carmen laugh.

"Hey, whatever Sam wants to do with her life, that's entirely up to her. If she decides to go to school nearby, maybe get her MBA. USC, UCLA, I'm just saying...it's all icing on the cake." Daniel said with a shrug. Sam looked down at her plate, obviously uncomfortable with everyone talking about her like she wasn't there. "So, Miguel, Y/N, how's school going for you guys?" Amanda asked. "Uh, good. Uh, great actually." Miguel replied. "Yeah, same here." Y/N added.

"Straight A's this semester for the both of them," Carmen said, smiling. "Yeah, they're total nerds." Johnny teased, making Y/N smile. "See, with grades like that, you guys can go anywhere you want," Daniel stated. "Yeah. I'd, uh, like to go to Stanford." Miguel replied nervously. Y/N glanced at him. He never mentioned this to her. Come to think of it, the two of them never actually discussed their futures after high school.

"That's a pretty impressive school," Daniel stated. "Yeah, I think it's like number six in the country. The campus is beautiful." Miguel stated, excitedly. "It's definitely a top choice. But that tuition, wow. We're also thinking about Santa Monica College, right Miguel? Save some money, live at home, then see where we go from there." Carmen stated. Now it was Miguel's turn to feel uncomfortable.

"Y/N what about you? Any plans after high school?" Daniel asked. "Well I haven't thought of anything but I definitely want to go to college." Y/N replied. "You don't need college when you're working at the dojo with me." Johnny said, waving his hand dismissively. Y/N stared at him in shock. Did he really just say that?

"Well-I-uh you know still want to further my education. I haven't decided on anywhere yet or what type of job but I have looked at a few places. Standford is one of my top choices too." Y/N stated, trying to ignore the uncomfortable feeling that she now felt. "Well SMC's great too. Have you guys checked out the campus yet?" Daniel asked Miguel and Y/N. "No actually, I-I-I haven't." Miguel stammered, moving his hand. His hand knocked against the serving fork causing it to bump into Daniel's wine glass and making it fall over, spilling wine into Daniel's lap.

Daniel jumped up in surprise causing everyone else to as well. "Oh, oh! Mr. LaRusso, shit! Ah, I mean I'm sorry!" Miguel apologized, his eyes wide. "No, don't worry about it. Please. Just a little wine. Right?" Daniel reassured. Miguel closed his eyes with a sigh.

Y/N placed a hand on his shoulder. "Miguel it's ok." She whispered into his ear. Miguel didn't respond and just nodded his head. Y/N furrowed her eyebrows. Why was he so upset about it? Was he trying to impress Daniel?

Soon the meal ended and the LaRusso's started walking Carmen, Miguel, Y/N, and Johnny to the door, greeting them goodbye. "So still ok with me taking the Eagle Fang's tomorrow?" Daniel asked, shaking Johnny's hand. Johnny nodded. "Yeah. I had som ideas on how to get your kids' offense up to snuff." Johnny replied. Daniel scoffed with a smile. "Make sure all that defense doesnt' turn into a cream puff." Johnny added, pointing to Miguel and Y/N.

"Tomorrow is going to be great. As long as sensei over here brings everyone back in one piece." Daniel said, glancing at Sam. "No promises." Johnny joked. "You'd better make a promise." Daniel retorted. "Okay, down, boys." Carmen scolded, walking over to the group with Amanda. The two men chuckled. "Well goodbye LaRusso's." Johnny saod before walking out the door.

Y/N hugged Amanda, Daniel and Sam before turning to Anthony who was standing off to the side. "Later, little LaRusso." Y/N said, wrapping an arm around his shoulder. "Please, don't call me that." He whined. Y/N rolled her eyes. "Fine. But remember our deal, alright?" She said. Anthony nodded. "I will." He replied.

Y/N took her arm off of his shoulder. "Y/N?" He asked, making her turn around. "Yeah?" She replied. "Don't worry about Miguel. I can tell he likes you. And between you and me, I think you guys are better than he and Sam." He admitted. Y/N smiled. "Thanks Anthony. I'll remember that." Y/N replied before walking out the door.

As she was leaving, she turned to see Sam and Miguel hugging. She watched as Sam whispered something to Miguel, making him smile. Y/N felt anger course through her. She stormed over to Johnny's car and got in, slamming the door behind her. "Everything alright, kid?" Johnny asked. "Everything's fine. Let's just go." She replied, pulling on her seatbelt. Johnny glanced at her. "Don't you want to say goodbye to Miguel?" He questioned. "No. I think he'll be fine without me." She spat. Johnny stared at his daughter in shock before putting the car in drive and driving away. Well, something has defintely changed.

-------------------------------------------

A/N Sorry for taking so long to update, I was out of town and didn't have time to write but I'm back now!! Also I recently watched Eternals and fell head over heels for Druig so I think I;m going to write a story for him after I've finished some of my other sotires. Anyway I hope you guys enjoyed and remember to stay hydrated.