Chapter Three: Dusty & Anna Arrives

The next morning, Braedey and the others woke up bright and early before the rising dawn. As they drive over to the parks, they took the time to enjoy the peace and quiet around them. Braedey and McQueen soon found a patch of dirt in the grassy fields far from the lodge, Cruz and Turbo ready to rip it up and do some off-roading. So, after making a dirt course in the grass around the trees and out into the field, Braedey and McQueen allowed the two girls to go round.

"Impressive driving." Braedey and McQueen turned to see Banger the Tacoma, Rumble the Ford Ranger 4x4, and Hotspot the Wildland Type 6 driving up to them. "Those girls really know how to handle the dirt."

"Yeah, thanks to us." McQueen shrugged with his front wheels. "Besides, we had great teachers."

"Seems like that." Hotspot nodded. "Although, kicking up dust like that could make others think there is a fire nearby." He advised.

"Right. Best we don't kick up too much dust." Braedey nodded in acknowledgement.

"Don't worry. We'll do that." Turbo reassured to him.

Just then, the sound of whirring blades got their attention as they looked to the skies. There, they could see a helicopter flying in. The helicopter looks like a mix of a AgustaWestland AW109, AW139, and a Bell 429 GlobalRanger. He is painted mainly red, with icy blue eyes, and white on the bottom half of his bodywork, as well as white stripes on his sides and tail fin. The top front of his fuselage is painted black, and he has a couple of black stripes on his bodywork. Along the thin white stripes is the inscription of Piston Peak, while on the black stripes near his roof is the inscription "N626BG". Between his red and white paints is the tail number 301.

"Who's that?" Cruz wondered in confusion

"Blade Ranger." Hotspot acknowledged. "Nothing serious down here."

"Understood." Blade eyed the racecars down below. "Advise them to stay out of the way."

"Sir, with all due respect, we know the rules and what to do during a fire." Braedey spoke up. "We respect what to do during a fire." The helicopter eyed Braedey for a little longer, then he flew away towards the valley nearby. "So, that your boss?"

"Blade is the veteran fire-and-rescue helicopter, the leader of the Piston Peak Air Attack." Hotspot clarified to them. "He's a tough and demanding boss, but he does care for his team."

"He'd definitely know a thing or two about fires." Cruz commented to Hotspot. "He must've handled a lot of forest fires around here."

"That's right." Hotspot nodded. He then got a message on his antenna, which rose up on his roof. "Yeah. Got it. I'll be on it." He responded, then turned to the four racers. "Duty calls, I'm afraid. Stay out of trouble." With that, he revved his engine, and he drove away with a cloud of dust in his wake.

"He's right. Being out here during a fire is dangerous." Braedey advised to the others, all of them now driving back to the lodge, some cars and trucks taking notice of the racers, but they opted not to annoy them. As they do so, Braedey noticed a familiar orange plane up overhead and flying towards the air attack base. "Wait..."