chapter 6

cassiopeia's pov

cassiopeia's pov

2500 words

the next morning, i woke up to feeling cold. looking next to me i realized luke missing from my side. carefully, i got up from my 'bed' and went searching for him.

"luke?" i whisper-shouted. i did that a few more times but all i got was silence.

after walking around the house i noticed that ray and carlos weren't home so with that i went to take a shower. "finally." i groaned walking into the bathroom.

"why hello princess. what do i owe for this pleasure?"

i screamed. "holy shit luke!" i turned my direction away from him. of course, he was taking a shower. "why do we always end up in a 'one of us in the bathroom' situation?" i sighed.

"i'm not sure princess but you gotta admit it's funny." it's almost as if i could hear the smirk on his lips.

his lips. the lips i kissed. does he remember? well of course he remembers. but how does he feel? does he feel the same way i do? how do i feel? there's always so many goddamn questions.

hearing movements behind me, i figured he was getting out. "okay well, patterson." i started, slowly turning around to face him. "i'll let you fini-"

although the water was off, he was still in shower with a towel on. my lips slowly parted as i inhaled deeply. i watched as the water dripped down his hair softly and continued as the drops slowly made their way to his body and the perfect abs he had. the water defined his well, organized and obviously worked out body. he may have been dead but man his abs weren't.

i stood there staring at him. i may have sound like a creeper but hey, he did it to me first.

before he had the chance to say a witty remark i turned to the door and opened it but luke was faster. he carefully grabbed my wrist and pulled me into an embrace. in his embrace the world stopped still on its axis. there was no time, no wind, no rain. my mind was at peace.

although one thing lingered on my mind. what did the hug mean?

***

it has become a tradition for me and reggie walking on the pier and it's a tradition i never want to end.

"hey, reg?" i ask looking up to him.

his green eyes looked down to meet my brown ones. "what's up cass?"

"meandlukekissedbutnowidon'tknowwherewestandbecausethismorninghehuggedmeandidon'tknowwhatitmeant." i rushed, breathlessly.

smiling, he replied, "cass you spoke to fast." gesturing to a bench, we sat down. "what happened?"