part seventeen

Lex Pov

It has been two weeks sense Mica asked me to marry him. The only reason we are making this so public is to keep people from trying to make me their brides. For the past week though my wolf has been pretty quiet. She hasn't scolded me once for saying things out of line. Part of me thinks she might be sick. Mica says that every wolf goes through a calm spell. Sometimes it takes doing something dangerously stupid to get them to wake up.

"It means that she is starting the process of becoming an adult." Mica told me when I expressed my worry to him. He was calm at his desk flipping through papers as if what I said was nothing to worry about.

"Lex, you don't have anything to worry about." I glared at him. He took a deep breath and put his papers down.

"I thought we agreed that you wouldn't get into my head until-"

"It was written all over your face, and don't tell me it wasn't or give me that 'but you weren't looking' crap. It's in your voice as well."

"I'm sorry. I'm just scared, you know? I mean what if something is wrong, what then? What if I..." I looked down at my hands as they coiled around each other as if they were going to wring water out of each other. I heard a chair slide out and felt two strong arms wrap around me from the side as I sat on Mica's desk.

"Everything will be alright, trust me." I smiled at his reassurance. He knew what to say to calm me down. I just hoped that he was right.

"Mica," I turned so that I was facing him. "Thanks." I didn't know what else to say, but that seemed like the right thing to say. It must have been, because he smiled. For a brief moment we just enjoyed each other's presences. That moment was broken by the sound of an erratic tapping on the door.

"Alpha, sir, oh Lex, I mean Luna, ma'am..." I smiled as he stuttered at his word choice. this is why I didn't like Alpha's. People fear them in a bad way. Mica rolled his eyes and pecked me on the cheek before he sat back down in his chair.

"Come in." I turned around and watched as a new wolf walked in. He was one of the boys who had just changed from a cup to a wolf. Mica had put him on boarder patrol about a month ago.

"I was told to tell you that we have a black rogue." Mica was out of his chair and nearly running out the door with me close behind him apologizing to the poor boy he pushed out of his way. I have heard of black rogues but I had never seen one in person. I know why they are dangerous, but I really want to see one and see what makes them the way

We were almost to the back door when Mica turned around and stopped me dead in my tracks.

"No." His word was strong and authoritative. If i wasn't a full blood I would have backed down.

"But Mica!"

"I don't want you 15 feet away, let alone close, to that creature."

"Okay I will stay 16 feet away from the rogue." Mica looked down at me with annoyance.

"If you so much as step foot into that woods while that creature is in the woods I will personally lock you in your-our room. Thomas!" His voice still held authority to the point of obedience. A tall skinny man with short blonde hair came waltzing in the room behind me.

"Make sure she doesn't leave this house until I say she can, understood?"

"Yes sir," Is all he said.

Stupid alpha.

'I heard that.' I glared up at him

"I thought you weren't going to read my mind until-"