ill always be here ~jonathan/b

"Jonathan? Did you forget about our date toda-"

after hopelessly banging on the door of her boyfriend's apartment, Jonathan finally opened up.

The bags underneath his eyes and his dull skin could pretty much tell the whole story.

"Babe" Y/n touched his face.

"You look exhausted and...sick"

He stifled out a small cough, sounding quite congested.

"Lets get you inside"

Y/n pushed herself inside along with Jonathan.

"Jonathan, when was the last time you cleaned up this place?" Y/n exclaimed.

The place was quite messy.

Tissues piled onto one another, dust in all corners and laundry thrown like confetti all over.

"C'mon maybe you should get some sleep"

Y/n held Jonathan's hand, leading him towards the bedroom.

"When you wake up, I'll have dinner ready for you"  Y/n smiled, tucking her boyfriend beneath the covers.

~

"Now, where should I begin" Y/n placed her hands on her hips.

She started off by collecting all Jonathan's laundry and throwing it into the laundry room, starting up the washing machine.

She cleared all the access garbage and swept the floors.

Following that by mopping.

She cleaned up the kitchen, as well as prepared some soup for when Jonathan woke up.

After an hour or so, she was finally finished.

"All done" she dusted her hands together.

A moment later Jonathan walked sloppily to the couch, plunking himself down.

"Hi baby, how are you?" Y/n walked towards him.

No answer.

He looked rather sad.

His eyes weren't  shining blue anymore, but rather as dull as his face was.

"Sweetheart, talk to me" Y/n sat on his lap, each of her legs wrapping around his hips.

He shook his head.

"Love, I really want to help you, but I can't if you won't talk to me" she spoke softly, tilting his head upwards.

"Please" she whispered.

Jonathan sighed.

"I did this. I did this to myself. I wasn't eating healthy like you told me and I had so much work to catch up on so, I couldn't do anything but work."

Jonathan looked down again.

"I didn't have enough time to cook so I would just get some takeout or microwave dinners" he shook his head.

"I know it's very difficult"

Y/n kissed his head.

"You know I'm always here, I can always help you."

"I know."

There was a slight pause before Y/n spoke again.

"How about this, we can work on some time management together. I can even help you cook some real food, rather than the microwave dinners and we can even watch some TV,  how does that sound?"

Jonathan nodded before letting out another cough.

"But let's tame that cold first" Y/n got up, pouring some hot soup into a bowl.

"It's still quite hot, be careful."

She handed him the bowl, kissing his cheek.  

"Thank you Y/n" Jonathan said blowing his nose.

"Anything else?" Y/n offered.

"Just your company" Jonathan smiled weakly.

"I'll always be here" y/n cuddled up beside him underneath a blanket.