Chapter 8: The Most Faithful Student

Grayson's POV

When I got news about a new Princess I groaned to hell. I get it, can't rule Equestria with one person or pony, there has to be kings and queens, and I'm fine with that. So after talking with Luna, Aidan was able to upgrade everyone's armor and equipment using the Super Computer Luna the cat gave us. Let's just say he did some badass stuff with it.

"Dude. You don't yet? My arms getting tired from holding them out like this." I say watching him dig around a few cords on my suits forearm.

Normally the Spartan suits wouldn't have cords or anything, but we're not that advanced yet. Sure we have a lot of high tech stuff, but nothing in like the year two thousand five hundred. Aidan is trying to find out ways to make sure we don't need cords, like how our Spartan selves were in another dimension. Aidan had over fifty ideas sitting on the table back when we were all back at the castle. Aidan used crystals, wireless tech he invented, making armor itself bigger and stronger, but making the armor bigger and stronger made it too heavy so we scraped that one. We went even to using magical objects, but our tech wasn't able to handle them and or use them without human/pony interaction.

But we didn't give up. We knew there was still a way. The Spartan versions of ourselves gave us the blueprints to make it cordless, but we don't have the tech and or materials to make it. The device was called an "Energy Shield Transponder" it made the suit cordless and it ran without using a power source.

Aidan finished tinkering with the wires and said "Ok. Done. Now your suit should have a quicker shield reboot/regen time."

I then followed Aidan to the shooting range and he shot me a few times to deplete all of my shield, and then let it recharged. (Shield sound effects in video above)

The armor recharged almost immediately. But when my health bar went down, it never recharged back up. I needed to take physical care of the wounds. We had a self healing device implanted in the suit, but we later found out that it was sometimes ineffective.
So we scrapped it, but we didn't throw it away. Anything that doesn't work, we still keep until we can further update and upgrade it.

Luckily when Aidan was done and everyone was getting used to their new upgrades, we got a call.
"Hey!" Luna yelled "I got a call for everyone. It's from King Solar Flare!"

Everyone then gathered around. Even Cynder, Scarlet, Virginia, and even the kids. Those guys weren't coming along. As well as Tia, she was staying back. Gathering over the holographic table Aidan made, we all saw King Solar Flare and all of his glory, with his daughter Demetria in the background.

Luna picks up the call and says "Hello. What's going on?"

What I was about to hear is one of the most scariest things I've ever heard. "Princess Twilight." Dollar King said freaking out. We then heard a few soldiers yell and open fire. As shots in the back ground rang, his daughter Demetria screamed. Solar Flare continued "She came out of hiding, eyes blood shot and small, laugh creepier than hell itself, her body thin and every underweight!"

I look over at Aidan and nod. With the use of his magic, I watch him give everyone ten full magazines of ammo, a grenade, their primary firearm and a secondary hand gun. He gave everyone their guns that they used on a normal mission, he even gave me mine.

End of Grayson's POV

Aidan's POV

Handing everyone their guns and ammo, I look at Luna who was scared and had her eyes darting left and right. "Calm down! We're coming!" Luna yelled.