Chapter 49 // Hinata

Start from the beginning

The redhead quickly changed his shoes, he had already put on the rest of his clothes at home, it saved him time. Before joining his classmates on the court, Shoyo quickly glanced over at his phone, to check whether he had received a notification from his boyfriend.

Boyfriend, boyfriend, boyfriend, boyfriend.

What a nice word, Hinata would never get tired of repeating it in his head. Kenma, his boyfriend.

From: Boyfriend Kenma
Subject: Re:Morning
Good morning :)
I just woke up, good luck at practice <3

Gwahhh, Kenma had sent the redhead a heart! Hinata could feel his lips curl into a smile, his cheeks turned a deep shade of red as well. Kenma wasn't even here and he was able to fluster Hinata just by sending him a combination of two signs.

"What are you smiling at?" Hinata was once again greeted by Tanaka's voice. In response, the redhead quickly turned his body away, hiding his phone screen.

"I- I wasn't smiling! You're making things up!" the first-year anxiously replied. Shoyo felt embarrassed for being caught smiling at his phone.

The redhead, however, had lost sight of what was happening behind him. In less than a second, his phone was snatched away from him by a tall figure. Hinata leaned his head backward, only to be met with Tsukishima.

"He was reading a message from Boyfriend Kenma," Tsukishima spoke up with an amused smirk on his face. It was almost like the tall first-year was only able to smile whenever other people were uncomfortable. "Good morning, smiley, I just w-"

"Stop that!" Hinata replied. The smaller teen jumped up to snatch his phone back from Tsukishima's hand. The blonde first-year didn't resist much, but Hinata's face had turned a deeper shade of red.

"-oke up, good luck at practice," the teen finished the message. He'd forgotten the heart though, that was the most important part.

"Oooooh, boyfriend?" Nishinoya chimed in once again. "So you two are officially together now? That's great, Shoyo!"

The redhead was no longer able to contain his excitement. "Yeah! Last weekend was like super sweet and romantic!" He started to tell the two second-years. "First we celebrated his birthday, and then on Saturday he took me out for lunch and dinner, and we went to the movies! Then on Sunday, I asked him to ask me to be his boyfriend and he did! My heart went like GWAH! It was the best moment ever, my heart just went swoosh and he's so cool and handsome!"

"I can't believe that you get to have a boyfriend before I have a girlfriend, that hurts, Shoyo!" Tanaka faked a hurt expression. "I'm a year older than you, you know? I need to say ahead of my underclassmen."

"Ah, right. I'm sorry," the redhead replied, bowing down.

The wing spiker laughed loudly, smacking the first-year on his back in the process. "It's fine, I'm really happy for you two! I can't believe you're dating someone, Shoyo."

"Haha, yeah, well-"

"Dating? Are you dating someone?" Daichi appeared from the storage, pushing a cart with volleyballs. Sugawara's face also shot up as the captain loudly asked the question.

Shoyo happily nodded, no longer feeling shy to tell anyone about his relationship. "Yeah! I'm dating Kenma now, since yesterday! You know? The cool-looking, really smart, handsome setter from Nekoma."

"Wow, congratulations! You're the first person to find a significant other on our team!" the vice-captain seemed hyped as well, everyone seemed to be happy for the first-year.

"...I don't understand," Tsukishima spoke up, he'd been quiet for a while.

Shoyo looked around to face the tall middle blocker, he seemed somewhat conflicted.