𝟐.𝟏. 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒

Start from the beginning

    Two people abruptly entered the room. Allaia instantly noticed they seemed like fire and ice, two polar opposites. The girl's beauty was astonishing. Despite her bright red hair in a shade of vivid blazes, there was flagrant coldness emanating from her emerald eyes. The boy, who Allaia recognized to be her savior, had a sharp jawline and handsome features. His brown eyes, owned a such a unique color, a mix between light and dark. They shined brightly, reflecting the warmth of the sun. 

"Where am I? Who are you? And most importantly, how long was I out?" Allaia queried incoherently with a trace of fear among her trembling voice, her firm glimpse straying between the two.

"We saved your ass, so how about a little gratitude first, huh?" The girl quirked her eyebrow, staring at Alle expectantly with her glacial cast. 

"Thank you for saving me, I mean it. I really appreciate your help." Allaia admitted in an honest tone. 

"You're welcome, sweetheart." Her savior smiled warmly. "And don't mind my sister. She's a bitch. I know, shocker." 

"Oh, shut up, you moron." 

   Allaia frowned, genuinely astounded by their bickering. This is not how she imagined Grounders to be like. She thought they would be more insular and cold, speaking in a slightly different accent. She expected a thick barrier of various customs and ways of living, precluding them from understanding each other clearly, but that wasn't the case. Silently, Allaia analyzed the siblings' behavior, trying to see beyond appearances and attitude, maybe trying to verify if by any chance it was simply an act, a scheme to deceive her, but it seemed sincere. 

"Again, who are you?" Allaia asked fervently, her gaze alertly astray between the two.

"Right, sorry. Introductions first. I'm Reese and this is my sister, Waverly." The boy introduced himself and his sister. "A warning, she can be quite mean, but she was born this way, so don't take it personal." Reese warned in a whisper, causing Allaia to vaguely chuckle in amusement. "You're currently in our house. You were stabbed and I saved you, so don't take away my credit, Verly." He glared at his sister in annoyance. "And you've been out for two days." 

"I need to go." Allaia's eyes widened in terror after she realized how long she had been unconscious.

Waverly instantly blocked her path, stopping her from leaving. "Ah, ah, ah, you're not going anywhere until you fulfill your purpose here." She seethed, glaring at Allaia blankly. 

"And what's that, huh?" Allaia sneered in irritation, nonetheless trying to get past the redhead who was adamant on forcing her to stay.

"Speaking to our mother." Reese explained briefly. "She wanted us to bring you here so you two could finally talk."

"Can't it wait?" Allaia implied with a heavy sigh, not willing to give up. "I have no idea what happened to my friends, okay? They all— They could be dead. Bellamy— could be dead." Her fragile voice faded away with each word. "Please, let me go." She begged, staring at Waverly and Reeve pleadingly. 

Waverly, clearly having enough of Allaia's resistance and stubbornness, shoved her back onto the bed, causing her to let out a painful groan. "Nah, you're staying. But between us girls, who's Bellamy? The name sounds hot." 

Allaia glared at the redhead heatedly, fuming with anger as she clutched her stomach in acute ache. "The hell? Can you be any more gentle?" She hissed angrily. 

"Yeah, Verly? Come on, she was stabbed, show some compassion." Reese snarled, directly defending Allaia.

"Why are you acting as if it was such a big deal? Stop trying to impress the girl with your fake chivalry, little brother." Waverly rolled her eyes. "Being stabbed around here is like taking your first steps as a child. It's a part of growing up."