Haruka Nanase ♡

Hi guys! As a first chapter I wanted to write a one shot so enjoy :)
--------------------
You were on the doorstep of Haru's house as you guys were planning to study together for some upcoming exams. While walking into the kitchen, you could see a tear roll down Haru's face.

"Wait Haru, why are you crying?" you asked concerned, as you spotted your childhood friend standing in the kitchen with a blank look on his face. 

"I'm not crying," he said wiping his eyes.

"Yes you are!"

"No I'm not," he pouted crossing his arms against his chest.

"Anyways, just tell me why," you said comforting, being well accustomed to your friends antics.

Finally giving in, Haru sighed with a frown. "I ran out of mackerel."

"I actually brought you some mackerel since my mom bought too much," you said smiling, while holding up a plastic bag that carried Haru's holy grail.

"Thanks y/n," he said smiling while pulling you into a hug. "You're a lifesaver."

"Y-you should go cook your precious fish, I'm gonna head to the living room and start working on the assignments," you stammered, walking away blushing.

•time skip•

After a while, you guys finished studying with textbooks, notebooks, and paper handouts sprawled across the table.

"Hey Haru, let's do something," you said yawning while stretching. Sitting in the same position had taken a big toll on you and you really needed a break.

"Like what?" He asked, looking at you from across the table, resting his jaw in the palm of his hand.

"Oh I know, let's watch a movie!" you said, trying to find a way to migrate to a comfier sitting place.

"What kind of movie..?" He asked eyebrows raised, piqued with interest.

"Hmm, let's watch The Little Mermaid!!!" you said in English. You had studied abroad in America and recently just returned to Japan to go to Iwatobi High, so you were fluent in English.

"T-the lidtle mermais..?" Haru said in his attempt.

"Yeah close enough," you said trying to hold in my laughter.

"Pshh don't laugh at me," Haru said looking away embarrassed.

'I think he's blushing..?' you thought, looking at him while smiling. "Come on, let's move to the couch! I'll download the movie while you make the popcorn?"

•10-30 minutes later•

"Finally it's downloaded," you said sinking into the couch.

"So let's watch it," Haru said with anticipation, leaning in to look at the screen, with crumbs in the corner of his mouth.

'I guess he noticed the water and ocean theme' you thought to yourself amused. "Hey, you have a little something here," you said reaching over to wipe the popcorn off with the base of your thumb. He looked at you with a surprised face but then quickly turned his focus to the screen.

During the first half of watching the movie, Haru was like a little kid. He was so into it that he kept squeezing your hand and even grabbed onto your arm during the climax of the movie.

"NO! NO ARIEL," Haru suddenly protested. "Why would she want to trade in her voice for legs?! These measly things!" Haru said whilst wiggling his own.

"I don't know, maybe she felt more comfortable to be herself on land," you stated with a shrug.

"And here I am wishing that I could live underwater..." he said pouting, stuffing his face with some more popcorn.

"Oh come on Haru, let's just finish the movie. After that I'll give you a therapy session," you said trying to comfort him, reaching over to the popcorn bowl for some of your own.

•after the movie•

"So, what did you think?" you asked, waiting to hear his remarks.

"Wow... I'm surprised Ariel and Prince Eric are still alive," he muttered after a while.

"Main characters always have plot armor," you said with a shrug.

"Ugh, still mad that she's human now," he said with a frown.

"I used to be too. Being a mermaid seemed way cooler," you said, understanding where he was coming from.

Suddenly, he closed his eyes and leaned on your shoulders. "I'm so tired now. That movie really took a toll." he said softly with a yawn.

"Hey Haru get off, you're heavy," you said blushing trying really hard to push him off but he wouldn't budge. 'Is he asleep?' you asked myself. 'Why does he look so cute..'  After patting his head, you started to feel yourself drifting off to sleep.

Haru's dream: 3rd person

Haru looks around to see that he is underwater with a bunch of mermaids. When he looks down he also sees that he has a tail.

He swims to the shore to find Makoto, Nagisa and Rin on the beach looking happy like Haru wasn't even there. 'They all look normal..' Haru thought sadly as he looked from a far. It seemed like his friends didn't remember him anymore.

He was about to show his face when he sees you chasing Gou with a piece of seaweed laughing. Your face is bright and vibrant, and he wishes he could be next to you right then and there. Suddenly, he thinks back to Ariel's choice about becoming human.

Being a mermaid isn't for me after all. If I had to choose either being a mermaid or a human forever I would choose to be a human. Why? Because y/n is there, and if they're there I will be complete. Mermaid or no mermaid.'

Suddenly there was a bright flash. As he opened his eyes, he was pulled into a big hug with you and the swim team. He smiled. 'Yeah, this is definitely way better than a tail.'

When he woke up, he looked to the right and there you were, wrapped up in a blanket sleeping peacefully at his side. He smiled, kissed your cheek, and then went back to sleep to try to resume that peaceful dream again.
_________________________________
Hehehe so how was it? Of course this is a scenarios book so look forward to them! Haru isn't like his usual self in this one-shot so sorry! Don't be shy to give requests!

Ex: If the Iwatobi swim club played basketball instead of swimming.

Welp that's all for today!~
good night/good morning depending on where you live!