Chapter 13

View from Nathan's office:)

Nathan's POV
After dropping Liam at my parents mansion, I made my way towards office. I came early today at 7am since I need to complete some paperwork. I also needed to clear my schedule from 10am till lunch due to the interview for assistant. I just hope I find a decent assistant. It is very hard to find intelligent and hardworking assistant. The ones who comes to interviews are busy seducing me. They think they can get the job easily by seducing me which is absoulutely wrong. I hate mixing work with pleasure. My thoughts were interrupted when I reached my private spot in parking lot.

I made my way towards private elevator which is for me and pressed 70th floor. While in the elevator, I couldn't help but think about Liam. He was not looking well today. He was reluctant to let me go today which was surprising since everyday I drop him my parents place. He likes to spend time with mom and dad. 'Maybe he is teething' I thought to myself because when we went to his doctor last month, he told me that Liam would be having mood swings, certain cravings for food or distaste about some. He also mentioned that Liam would be irritated at small things. At first, I thought to not come at office but when I remembered about the interviews I knew I had to come in today. So after debating with myself for sometime, I gave Liam to my mom. I made a note to call him around 11 to see if he is doing well or not. I don't care if I haven't found suitable assistant till that time. Nothing is important than my son. I'll take him to have lunch with me to make up for morning. The elevator dinged indicating me I have arrived at my office. I went inside and started completing paperwork which was on my desk. I don't like pending work because I like to see my desk neat and clean. I hate tardiness as well as unpuntuality so I expect my employees to complete thier work perfectly and also have it thier as thier first priority when they are working. There was a knock on door which caused me to have break from these paperworks. My neck was paining as well as back was hirting since I was in the same position. I was so busy in working that I didn't notice it was already 10am. I said 'Come in' and the door opened to reveal Claire. She is the receptionist on my floor. She has been working here for about a year. She tried to hit on at first when she was new but when I didn't respond, she gave up. Since then, she has been professional.

"Good Morning Mr Parker. The candidates have arrived for the interview, should I send them in one by one?"

"Yes you may Miss Rose."

She nodded her head and left the cabin. About 5 minutes later there was a knock on the door, I allowed the person to come inside. In came a girl who was wearing bright red short tight fitting dress which barely covered her ass and boobs. The dress was clinging to her like second skin. Her face was caked with makeup and lips in bright red lipstick. She was swaying her hips in order to look sexy. I cringed at the sight of her. 'What the hell is this type of woman doing at my office?', I thought to myself. She came towards my desk and sat on the visitor's chair without my permission. I was pissed now. How can she sit here and act as if this is her damn office? I was glaring at her when she tried to give me her seductive look by biting her  lip. When I looked at her resume, I saw that she have none of the grades which were even enough for this job. When I said that she may leave, she came and sat on my desk moving aside some of the papers. She turned my chair and was about to kiss me when I shouted at her,

"What the hell do you think you are doing? Get out of here. Now"

She was looking at me through her fake eyelashes trying to look innocent which she wasn't at all.
"Oh come on baby, I know you want me. How about a quickie on this desk?" She asked while trailing her finger on my chest.

I pushed her hands away and said in dangerous low voice,
"Get the fuck out of here you pathetic excuse of woman if you don't want my guards to throw you out of my building. So get the hell out. NOW."

She practically ran out of the door. Basically everyone, who came for interview were wearing slutty clothes. I was tired as hell. I looked at the clock to see its almost 11. I called my mom's number to check on Liam. After two rings, she picked up.

"Son, is everything alright? Why are you calling this time? Are you fine?"

Hearing mom's concerned voice somehow comforted me from all the tiredness I was having since morning.

"Mom everything is alright and I am fine. I called to check on Liam. Is he alright? He didn't seem like himself this morning."

"Ahh yes he is different today. He is missing you and keeps saying your name and a bit irritated. Other than that he is alright."

I began worrying about Liam although I know it maybe just because of teething.
"Mom can you bring him here. I am also missing him. We can have lunch together since I am done here anyways. We haven't had meal in a long time."

"Sure son. I'll reach there in 20 minutes and then we can go."

With that she hang up. I booked us a booth in Spring's restaurant which have best food in town. I called Claire to send away all the remaining candidates since mom and Liam would be coming soon. But she said only one is remaining and also mentioned that maybe Sarah bought her. I decided to just get over with it so I told her to send her in. I begin reading  file about the company whom I am having meeting after Lunch. I heard a knock and said 'Come in' although a bit louder than I expected it to be. I heard the door opening but I couldn't see the person since I was facing the view behind my desk. Two minutes passed yet I didn't heard the person speaking so I spoke without looking at her,

"Are you just going to stare at my office or would like to give interview?"

"Good Morning Sir. I am Aria Campbell and I am here for the interview." It was the same name of a certain brunette beauty but I shook my head to get rid of her thoughts. She spoke in a voice trying to sound confident which she was able to but there was a hint of nervousness in it.

I turned my chair around expecting It would be another woman dressed in short tight fitting clothes but was shocked to see, she was dressed professionally. I looked up to see her face and was met with familiar brown orbs. I couldn't believe she is here for the interview. However, I tried to keep my face blank so that she won't understand what I am thinking about and was successful since I could see shock then confusion and finally nervousness on her face.

Heyy Guys. Another update as promised although I am a bit late. Sorry for that. So cliffhanger again.......... So what do you think will happen next. Also do let me know if you like the chapter in comments section and do vote for it.

Love~
Diya❣️