43 • Used to be

Start from the beginning

Jaemin smiled proudly and Cho-a smiled back at him.  

"I wonder why," she mumbled, however couldn't seem to be interested enough in it given how tired she was. So she closed her eyes again and repositioned her head on Jisung's shoulder. 

She sighed. "Your shoulder's bony." 

He hummed. "Your head's bony." 

"I can put it back on my kn-" she began, about to lift her head when Jisung held it down gently with his hand. 

Eyeing both of them suspiciously, Chenle interpreted the scene and quickly came to the conclusion that, 
"I think you guys should get a room." 

"This is my house," Jisung countered. 

"At this point, it's basically our house," Chenle replied utterly convinced. 

"It's not. You have your own place, you just need to use it." With which Jisung was right but Chenle was unhappy to hear it nonetheless. 

So he crossed his arms in front of his chest and gave the younger one a warning glare. 
"If you talk like this then I might just go home for real," he said, very sarcastically. "How would you like that?" 

Jisung thought about it for a solid second before nodding. 
"Take the others with you when you go." 

"Wha-!" Chenle exclaimed in disbelief, his daring eyes turning into soft, big puppy eyes. "I was joking~"

"I was not," Jisung replied, pointed towards the door. "I'll see you at uni tomorrow." 

As his words sounded final, Jaemin and Jeno got up already and Chenle put on a disapproving pout, whilst the girl didn't move at all. 

"Cho-a, let's go home," Renjun said as he got up. But the girl just shook her head, shuffled closer to Jisung.

"I'll sleep here," she mumbled tiredly and Renjun stared at her in surprise. Even though it wouldn't have been her first time staying there overnight, he still didn't like it. 

"Jisung told us to go home." 

But Jisung shook his head. "She can stay." 

Chenle gasped. "Favoritism," he spat and Jeno could only put a hand on his shoulder as he agreed with the younger. 

"Let's leave them alone then," Jaemin said. 

"No- wait," Renjun interjected. "Cho-a, what are you going to tell Kun?" 

She opened her eyes as she looked up at the boy in confusion. 
"That I'm sleeping here?" 

"You think he will allow that?" he asked back. 

"He allowed it last time too," she retorted. "You know he likes Jisung, why are you acting this way? Just go home. I'll see you tomorrow." 

"He likes me?" Jisung asked as if that was a first and Cho-a nodded. 

Glaring at the younger boy, Renjun began to speak yet again. 

"I-" But Jaeming took his left hand and Jeno his right one and Chenle pushed against his back until the four of them were out of the house. 

Alone in newfound silence, Jisugn and Cho-a sat still for a moment. Both were looking ahead, both were looking at the same blurry reflection in the window ahead without realizing it. 

It was oddly comfortable. 

The silence they sat in felt safe. Cosy. Free. 

Did the world slow down? Just now, for them, it felt like it.