Three

- Adam was very close with his father growing up. He would read him Sherlock Holmes stories and that planted the idea of becoming a detective into his head.

-Adam met Delphine when he was sixteen, she was five years older and he worked for her family so the situation wasn't great but they did genuinely care for each other. They were married in Gretna Green the month after he turned eighteen. She was happy to be able to marry a woman and Adam was happy just to have someone. The marriage lasted for twenty years before she died.

-Adam didn't get along with his mother. She drank and their personalities clashed. Her children were the ones who had to deal with her anger. She would hit them, throw things and constantly verbally abuse them.

-Adam did his best to try and protect his younger siblings from their mother's wrath but it was difficult to get three kids to hide quietly. Ruth was the sibling their mother was hardest on so he tried to protect her the most.

-As a teenager, Adam was very close with his older sister Lillian. She's three years older than him and practiced magic. Growing up by Loch Ness, within walking distance of Aleister Crowley's house it was only natural. Her magic, however, was con-artistry. Adam helped her by spying on people and cold reading the, 

-Adam has epilepsy and between his irresponsibility taking his pills, the era, and his alcoholism, it's not as controlled as it could be. He is pretty actively killing himself.

-Adam can't stand cows and while he tries to pass it off as a dislike for them, it's really a phobia. He was kicked by one as a child which is what caused his epilepsy.

-Adam shot a man once and still has nightmares about it.

-It's not uncommon for Adam to wake up screaming or sobbing.

-Adam really tries to be a proper gentleman but he's just not.

-Delphine used to enjoy embarrassing him in public.

-He's left her room untouched since her death. He sleeps in the guest room now and never goes in there. It's where she died and he couldn't go in there even if he wanted to.

-Adam wears a lavender colored ribbon around his wrist. When he first met Delphine, she would tie it around her doorknob when she wanted to see him.