Chapter Six

~ Louis

"That was fantastic, guys," Liam said, as he plopped down the couch. We just finished the concert, taking pictures with fans and signing autographs for about one hour and a half. Yeah, it was tiring. But, it was still worth it. The fans are the reason why we're One Direction.

I looked around the living room, letting out a huge yawn as I did so. Harry, Zayn and Niall were all squished together on the corner of the couch, watching Harry play something on his iPad. Maxine was on her phone outside, probably talking to her best friend Liana.

The whole room was quiet, except for a few giggles and whispers coming from Harry and the gang. We were waiting for Paul, he's buying some McDonalds for our midnight snack. We can't go outside again or else we'll be bombarded by fans. And yes, midnight snack is necessary for us, especially Niall.

I eyed the room again, feeling something was missing...

Oh. Someone was missing. "Guys, have you seen Eleanor?" I asked, as I headed toward the bathroom. Nope, no one's there. Maybe she's in her room? But -

"Hi." A weary voice echoed the room, and we turned around to see who it was.

"El?" I said. I eyed her from head to feet, and then stared at her anxiously.

"Lou?" she mocked, smiling.

"You okay?" I asked. She looks kind of... upset. I meant, really really upset.

"Of course I am, Lou. Why wouldn't I be?"

I nodded doubtfully at her as she makes her way to the seat next to me.

"You sure?" I questioned again. Damn, she looks really upset right now. What's wrong with her? Why did she turned like this all of a sudden? Is she sick? Did something happened?

Questions keep popping up in my mind, and I couldn't hold it any longer now. "Eleanor, just tell me what's wrong. I know there's something wrong," I said firmly, looking into her beautiful, deep brown eyes. I instantly felt my heart skipped a beat as I continued staring at her eyes.

"I - I just...," before she could continue, she burst into tears.

The rest of the boys and Danielle are now looking over us, all of them are confused. I quickly shot them a 'I-didn't-do-anything' look before turning back to El.

"El, what's the matter?" I asked her gently, hugging her from the side, "you can tell me, anything El. Anything." I am really getting more and more worried right now, what's happening to her? Why did she suddenly burst into tears?

"My mum j-just called to tell me that, that we're... moving to Paris, France...for good. My parents both got promoted for something huge on their work in France. I've got to p-pack my things right now, my flight's tomorrow night... I won't be able to spend the next three weeks with you guys," El stated, looking down with a frown plastered on her face.

"WHAT?" Danielle was the first to react, and she ran over to Eleanor. She has a shocked expression on her face, she clearly doesn't want to believe what El had just said.

"I don't want to. But my parents insisted," El looked like she was about to cry again.

"Oh El, we would still be seeing each other right? I can fly there during our vacations...," I said, though I don't know what to feel. I mean, yeah, we barely see each other because of the tour, but it isn't the same as having her as my neighbour. My childhood best friend is moving to Paris, far away from the place where we created all those memorable memories. I'll for sure miss her.

"Oh, wow. Forgot you have a girlfriend, huh, Louis? Visiting her during every holidays instead of me?"

I turned around, and saw Maxine standing by the door, looking at us coldly.

"Maxine..." I started, but she cut me off.

"Oh, I'm so done, Louis. These past few days you acted like SHE was your girlfriend, instead of me. Do you know how that makes me feel? I feel worthless to you now, Louis. And it's all because of you, stupid slut," As she said her last two words, she shot a death glare at Eleanor before marching off toward her room, her face emotionless.

I was about to retort, but El grabbed my arm, mouthing the word 'don't'. I inhaled slowly, trying to relax myself. Maxine just called Eleanor a slut, and that seriously pissed the heck out of me, I don't know why but I feel like I should be on Eleanor's side instead of my girlfriend.

I don't know how to feel right now.

Honestly, I don't know anything anymore.