Chapter 13- Hate, pride and distain(2)

Start from the beginning

"Good afternoon Sir Carsein," I said.

"I've been meaning to speak with you about something important your highness." Said Carsein.

"Really? Well, I was on my way to the resting room anyway. We can talk over a cup of tea."

"My apologies, but I have to leave immediately. Otherwise, my mother will be furious. I think it's better if I ask you about it now itself. " Said Carsein.

"Alright what is it?" I asked.

"Do you remember that day when you had visited the Rass mansion my mother told us about a rumor that had spread about the young girl?"

"Yes, what about it?" I asked.

"I looked into the matter a bit and found out a bit more about it."

what??!!! why would you do that?!

"I was wondering....how did you know that Baron Midford was the one that was involved"

"the duchess said it was Baron Midford," I said.

"well, my mother did not know which baron it was." Said carsein while rubbing his hand on the back of his neck.

"W-well I had heard the rumor before as well. So I knew who it was" I said.

"But didn't you say it was the first time you had heard it?" Asked Carsein

I feel like a complete idiot right now! I was caught red-handed by carsein and I still have the nerve to lie!

"Just.......Please just don't tell anyone, I will be in trouble if anyone knows. Especially the prince, I don't want him to know." I said finally giving in.

Ha....what a nightmare!

"You don't want me to know about what?" Asked a familiar voice from behind me.

I turned around to see who it was. Ruveliss was standing behind me with his arms crossed. Chills ran down my spine that very moment.

"W-what are you doing here?" I asked.

"I am waiting for you to answer my question." Said Ruveliss.

I quickly turned to look at Carsein.

"Sir Carsein, please leave us," I said signaling him to leave before its too late.

Carsein immediately bowed in respect and left.

"I need to have a word with you, Cynthia." Said Ruveliss.

"Maybe some other time. I am very busy right now." I said and was about to leave when Ruveliss caught hold of my wrist.

"No! you ran away last time remember?" Said Ruveliss with a cold gaze.

Please god, help me get through this!

"Alright fine, let's talk," I said as I yanked my hand back.

"First of all, come with me." Said Ruveliss.

I followed him into the resting room where I had initially intended to go. But unfortunately, there was no way I could relax when Ruveliss was right in front of me. Ruveliss sat across me with a blank face. I really really hate him, I might hate him more than Taylor Swift hates Kanye West. But I don't have the energy nor the interest to repeat what happened last time. Also what duchess Erina said had a point. I should fake my alliance with him for now, especially at tomorrow's banquet.

"........that day during our fight, what did you mean when you said that I would never have to see your- "

"Look, before you say anything I want to apologize for what I did that day. I shouldn't have said those things to you. I was in a very bad mood that day and you happened to accuse me of having ulterior motives so I took out all my anger on you. It was very unbecoming of me and I am sorry." I lied without batting an eye.

"......."

Ruveliss was quiet after that it was like he had never seen this coming. That's true though, the old Cynthia never apologized to Ruveliss nor did Ruveliss ever apologize to her. Both of them seemed to have absolutely unnecessary and too much pride.

"Honestly, you surprise me every single time. Last time you insulted me by indirectly saying that my ego and pride is greater for me than this empire and now you expect me to forgive you?"

"......"

"Unbelievable! Do you never change do you Cynthia? I am now the crown prince of the empire. The second most powerful individual of this empire. You are now a mere princess but you even had the nerve to tell me to get out?!"

This is bad! Very bad! Ruveliss got up and walked towards me he sat beside me on the sofa to look more intimidating. He was glaring at me with his cold blue eyes.

"You know what, I shall do our old father a favor like you said and bear with you for now. But I hope you keep your promise, you said that once I ascend the throne I don't have to see your face again." He said.

Endure it! I must endure it!

"I promise you that I will never come in your way and will leave when you shall ascend the throne. But we both don't have much of a choice right now. Just pretend to be at peace with me for now. Consider it a sacrifice for the sake of our faction."I said.

"Do you think I can just let you leave once I ascend the throne? What will the nobles say? 'The princess ran away when she couldn't bear the prince ascend the throne' ?"

"I know I can't just leave. So I shall get married once I come of age. That way we can keep our distance and it will be the perfect excuse to stand by." I said.

"Marriage?" Asked Ruveliss.

Ruveliss looked surprised as if he had never imagined what I had said would ever be possible. Tch, as*hole! do you think no one would marry me or something?

"I hope we can at least keep up with this facade until then. The banquet is tomorrow and I need to get some rest by then so I shall take my leave now Crown prince." I said with a bow

I was fuming with anger. That bast*rd who does he think he is? But yet I left the room with my head held high. There is no way I shall get married so early. I just need to find someone as a scapegoat so I can cut ties with Ruveliss.