Chapter 2: A Totally Normal Day

Start from the beginning

"What was that?"

"I said fiiiiineeee." I said, purposely prolonging the 'fine' in annoyance. 

His face lit up and I thought that that was the end of it but what he did next gave me the shock of my life

He grabbed my hand. His hand was so much bigger and rougher than mine, the feeling was so new because I've never had my hand held by anyone. He then let go with a smile, stood up and walked away while the rest of the cafeteria continued to give me various looks. 

I looked down at my hand and saw 'bleachers, 3:30 pm' and then his number written on a paper. I felt heat crawl up my cheeks again as I looked back at Oliver, he had already sat down again but he had his eyes on me just as I heard someone call my name. I turned to find Heather sitting in front of me, a confused look on her face.

"What happened? Everyone's staring at our table."

I shook my head as I fought the blush threatening to reappear on my cheeks. "Nothing important." I said, trying to sound like I didn't care and I continued eating. 

3:45 PM

I huffed in annoyance as I watched the football team practice. It's been fifteen minutes past the said time Oliver was gonna meet me but they're still not finished. I whipped out my sketchbook and started to sketch a random image, a drawing of a boy on a windowsill started to form but the imagination was quickly dissipated when a shadow passed over the drawing. I looked up to see Oliver, a cute smirk on his face as he wiped the perspiration dripping down his temple.

"Are you done?" I asked uninterestedly as I gave him a cold look.

He chuckled and sat down beside me, I caught a whiff of him and even though he was under the sun for so long and he's all sweaty, he still smelled good.

"Sorry for the wait. We had to do extra plays today since Coach was gonna be gone for a few days." 

I waved it away before changing the subject. "Okay, so what do you want from me?" 

He raised his eyebrows. "What? We're gonna hang out, that's all, I just think you're pretty cool." 

I let out a snort. "Sure, okay, Oliver. Just know if you ever do anything to me, you're gonna be the first one I'll be haunting."

He laughed before ruffling my hair which was uncalled for since we weren't even anywhere close for him to do that and further fueled my annoyance even more. 

"Alright. Just let me change and then meet me in the parking lot." He said.

He stood up and went into the locker room while I just stared at his walking figure in confusion. Where was he taking me? I really did not want to get murdered but curiosity kept on eating on me so I just left the field and into the said parking lot.

After a few minutes, Oliver came to view. He looked so attractive, his jersey jacket looked immaculate on him and his blond hair complimented his defined features just right. He was the definition of 'dream'.

"You ready?" He asked as he fished his pocket for his keys.

"You think? You keep making me wait." 

I was expecting him to laugh and mock me but instead, he just smiled sheepishly as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't know what was gonna happen today. But here we are anyway, let's take advantage of the time." He said before waving a hand towards his blue Mercedes.

"Ah, so you're rich rich." I said with a knowing smirk.

I was not ready for Oliver's cheeks to turn a faint peach.