Chapter 4: Thank You

Start from the beginning

"Seriously what is that beautiful mind thinking." Hope poked Josie on her forehead chuckling a bit.

"The night we met," Josie answered.

"We've been doing that a lot lately." Hope chuckled, but somehow, both Josie and hope knew there was no humor in her words. "Tell me?" Hope smiled.

" I took you to my house so you could call your parents to pick you up... you left a few minutes later but came back after a few hours throwing rocks at my window. I got out of bed and saw you waving at me to come down." Josie turned back to see the beautiful forest terrain. "Before I could leave the window you told me"

"Jump and I'll catch you" Hope finished Josie's sentence.

"I jumped out the window... after contemplating if a hospital trip would be worth it" Josie smiled. "And you surprisingly caught me... I was clinging onto your neck for dear life." Josie walked back to the room grabbing the metal box that was by the dresser. She walked back to the balcony were Hope was waiting.

"We buried the box the last day of our camping trip talking about how when we're older we'll comeback for it..." Josie turned the box over and saw writing on it with what appeared to be white marker. 3 different writings styles and dates.

I'm in love with Hope Mikaelson
J.S (7•21•2026)

I'm still in love with Josie Saltzman
H.M (7•15•2028)

If you want to be together you have to-get-her
Klaus and Hayley 8-30-2030

Tears welled in Hope's eyes as her thumb traced the familiar handwriting etched onto the box. The revelation struck her like a lightning bolt, shattering the illusion of secrecy that had cloaked their cherished spot.

"I never knew my parents wrote on the box. I never thought they knew our secret spot," she whispered, her voice trembling with a mix of disbelief and raw emotion. Each stroke of her thumb across the letters felt like a silent conversation with her past, a bittersweet reminder of the bond shared with her parents.

Her heart drummed against her ribcage like a caged bird desperate for freedom, the weight of the discovery settling like a stone in her chest. With a heavy sigh, Hope shook her head, grappling with the flood of memories and emotions swirling within her.

Josie saw Hope clenching her jaw tightly and instantly wrapped her arms around Hopes neck. She let her exhaustion wash over her while Josie held her close until the pace of her breathing fell in sync with hers, like she was recharging Hopes soul. Josie placed small kisses on Hopes temple, and Hope melted into her.

Hope set her hands in Josies lower back and traced the muscles along her spine. Josie inhale sharply and buried her fingers in Hopes hair, holding her wife tightly against her chest.

Even now, the thought of Hopes parents, and their deaths still haunted her mind.

"Do you remember what we put in here?" Josie tried to change the subject. Hope raised an eyebrow looking at the box, but she didn't dare lift her head from Josie's chest. "It's quite heavy so there is a lot of things in here."

"Why don't we open it and find out," Hope suggested with a mischievous glint in her eye, her fingers itching to solve the mystery once and for all.

In a moment of impulsive enthusiasm, she lunged for the metal box, ready to launch it off the balcony like a cannonball into the sea of uncertainty. But before she could unleash her inner treasure hunter, Josie's hand shot out blocking the toss, halting Hope's daring plan in its tracks.