Ch.6: Skin & Bones

Start from the beginning

The ringing suddenly stopped signaling they had answered the call, but there was a sudden snap that made you jump. Your palms began to sweat as you heard them fumbling with the device. You opened your eyes to see two of them holding the device, that was now broken in half. The one that was watching the scene slapped the pieces from their hands, causing a piece to fly toward you. It had hit your once damaged ankle. You cry out in pain. The tears you had tried to hold in had now came rushing out like a river. Through your misty eyes you could see them floating toward you.

You could do the only thing you could think of. Your grip tightened as you held the flashlight up. The pain you once felt numbed as adrenaline coursed through your veins, each breath you took was shaky as you flicked on the flashlight.

Why were you so scared?

Your breath was gently floating in the air, from how cold it had gotten. "D-Don't come any closer! O-Or I-I'll use this."

Your voice cracked as your body shook. This simple gesture made them pause, there was a moment of silence before they bust out into a fit of laughter.

Why did this anger you? You were usually level headed.

They taunted you with there cackling, obviously not fazed by your threat. "Is this a joke. What's a little girl like you going to do?"

The one to your left spoke, obviously still trying to contain it's laughter. You felt your courage beginning to fade, as the other two tried to stop laughing as well. While they were preoccupied you tried to find the right button on your flashlight and once your finger ran over it, it buzzed to life and stunned all three of them. You tried your best to flip the switch hoping the vacuum would replace the flashlight but you were too late, they had already disappeared into thin air.

Why was it so hard to focus?

You moved away from the wall, an obvious limp in your step as you tried to listen for them. Suddenly you were shoved forward, nearly toppling over if you hadn't caught yourself.

You quickly spun around flashing the spot only for nothing to be there. "Over here, girlie." You barely registered the voice before you were shoved toward the wall. You almost didn't catch yourself that time. You spun around flashing the spot you heard the voice.

"Wrong again." You were roughly shoved face first into the floor, an audible thump sounded throughout the room. It took you a moment to register what had happened feeling your body ache, the weight on your back didn't help as you heaved in a breath.

This wasn't you, and there was no reason for you to act this way, act this weak.

There was a long pause as you laid there, trying to find at least a bit of strength to keep fighting. Your mind was clouded with many racing thoughts. Each one more dramatic than the last, but amidst those thoughts Luigi ran through your head. He was just as terrified as you but he still fought them off.

With that thought in mind you calmed yourself down, finally opening your eyes to scan the room telling yourself to stay calm. You quickly sat up, your body moving around so you were positioned correctly to stand up. Once you placed weight on your foot the pain in your ankle had pulsed, causing you to hiss. However you fought through the pain, wiping the tears that had build up.

You finally stood up, waiting for something to happen. You waited a few second before the rocking chair began to sway. Without a moment to lose you flashed that spot, stunning one of them, and quickly switching to the vacuum. And from your awkward position you were dragged around the room, barely catching your footing tugging the ghost back. Your ankle screamed as you stood your ground. The brute had began to slow, signaling he was close to being caught. You were caught up in the moment, your mind was clouded with tasting the sweet delight of victory.