Part 11: Misleading

~

Luther rolls his eyes people around him starts whispering. 'Typical,' he thinks to himself, 'So, what if I'm big?'

He walks inside a restaurant, ignoring the never-ending whispers and weird looks he's been receiving as he does so. He felt his stomach rumble as his hand fumbles inside his pockets, looking for any change. He stops as soon as he got in line and sighs in relief when he found enough money for his breakfast.

He scanned around the restaurant, and not far from where he is, he spots a familiar stranger in the line with him. "Nine?" he whispers to himself, looking at the back of the head of the person he assumed was his sister. What was she doing here? Isn't she supposed to be looking for Five? Or any of them at the moment?

Random thoughts ran through Luther's mind. It's not like his sister could forget her husband nor her siblings. It's not like her at all. Knowing her and Five, they would spend their time just finding each other and never stop until they do.

Unless...

'No,' Luther furrowed his eyebrows, 'It's probably a coincidence.'

As soon as he thought about coincidences, the person glanced back, as if looking for someone. Luther's eyes widen in surprise. It was Nine! It has to be Nine!

Luther frowned when Nine didn't seem to take notice of him. 'Maybe she's just ignoring me,' he theorized. Given their past interactions, they didn't have the greatest relationships at all. None of them did when it comes to Luther, anyway.

Luther's thoughts were interrupted when the person in front of him suddenly let out a groan, cursed to himself, and left the line. This earned Luther a chance to step forward and finally had a chance to talk to his long lost sister.

"Um," Luther starts, causing the girl to jolt in surprise and turn around. Luther sighs in relief. It really was Nine. But... why is she looking at him like that? It's as if she'd never seen him before. Luther shakes his head, "Nine? What are you doing here? I mean, Five's been looking for you everywhere. Did you know he went to a club and watched the girls there dancing--"

"I'm sorry. Who are you?" The girl, whom he thought was Nine, asked with her face showing concern. This caught Luther off guard.

"W-what?" Luther stammers. Did he mistake a stranger for his sister? But... this girl sounds like Nine. She looks like Nine. She's still the same when he last saw her, but without the uniform. Instead, she was wearing a typical 60's dress, and her hair was styled in a typical 60's look. More or less, she still looks and sounds like a thirteen year old girl.

'Nine' gives him a confused look, grimacing. "I'm sorry, mister. I think you've mistaken me for someone else. I'm not the girl you're looking for."

Luther could only glare in response, but not in anger, with confusion. He felt odd. He felt as if something's wrong. He couldn't quite tell what it is yet.

"I know you're angry with me, Nine, but don't act this way. Five's been worried sick." Luther pushed, still thinking that she's messing with him. 'Nine' continues to stare up at him, the same look still plastered on her face. She's not showing any signs of fear despite his large stature. But, that's not new. In fact, Luther can tell that despite his height and body, none of his siblings were afraid of him. Especially Nine.

Well, most especially Nine.

Luther thinks he can never frighten her in any way even if he tries his best on doing so.

He hates to admit it, but due to the reason that he cannot faze his sister, honestly terrifies him.

He often wonders what frightens her most. But he's definitely not one of it.