* * * * * * * * * *

The sun had completely set and darkness had settled amongst Alistair and I. The large moon that hung above us was the only source of light, providing a white shine that cascaded down the sky before lighting the ground at our feet.

I had slipped from the back of the horse an hour ago, my thighs aching as well as my but. Alistair walked beside me, rigid and face as hard as a stone. Something seemed to be on his mind.

"Penny for your thoughts." I said, glancing over at him.

"What?" Alistair stared at me with a perplexed look. I let out a soft laugh, reminding myself that Alistair was from a different century, this century. Without the breeches and sword strapped at his side I could have mistaken him for any normal college boy. He had the same mischievous gleam in his eye I saw in Macy's older brother who attended the local college.

"What are you thinking about?" I rephrased. Alistair seemed to falter in his step with a strange look on his face and I wondered if anybody had ever asked about his thoughts before.

"Nothing ye would be interested in lass." Alistair said and started to walk faster with determination and grit. I trampled faster after him.

"I don't remember saying you could speak for me." I replied, a little humour etched into my tone.

Alistair stopped and took two steps towards me so we were nose to nose. I could hear the soft sound of rushing water around me and birds singing in the dark. The moonlight shone on Alistair's face, lighting up his skin so it was almost as pale as the moon.

"Ye really want to know?" Alistair said. His breathed fanned out in front of my face, tickling my nose and cheeks. I nodded my head confidently but inside me a small knot of fear and suspicion started to form.

Alistair suddenly started to push me backwards and I hurried to scramble and not trip over my own feet. Alistair had dropped the reins and gripped my forearms forcefully. I was scared slightly and pretty sure that it showed on the face as my head smacked against a tree.

And then I was trapped. Caged in Alistair's arms. His eyes stared deeply into mine and if it was Finn I would surge my head forwards and press my lips against his, but this wasn't Finn. This was Alistair.

"Ye really want to know lass." Alistair's voice sounded sinister and I started to regret asking about his thoughts, nevertheless I nodded my head.

Alistair's hand slipped down my arm slowly till it grasped my hip and pulled it closer to his, grinding his lower body against mine. Pleasure surged through my body but I resisted the urge to moan.

I was so caught up in fighting the impulse to amplify my pleasure in words that I didn't notice Alistair's other hand leaving my arm until his feathery touch landed on my cheek, his thumb gently stroking my cheek bone.

I nearly leant into his touch till his grip on my face hardened and he gripped my cheek and neck with a tight force. I panicked and tried to pull my face out of his grip but he tightened his grip on my hip and face and pushed his body closer to mine.

"What I'm thinking bonnie lass, is how much I want to fuck ye, hard against this tree till the sky turns blue and then do it again under the sun. Fuck ye again and again until ye forget Finn's name." Alistair said and ducked his face closer to mine. His lips were mere millimetres from my own when he said, "And I wouldn't be gentle."

Alistair's lips crashed hard onto mine and he forced his tongue into my mouth. His touch felt foreign, felt wrong. Alistair was dangerous and leading him on could lead to risky occurrences.