Dear Diary

Dear diary,

2020 has been a year of learning and experiences that many haven't experienced before. As we stay home, chatting with our friends over apps, and replaying the same song until we get sick of it, we all wish for it to end. The racial injustice, innocent lives being taken, police brutality, like myself has all been demotivating.

What I wish for in 2021 is happiness for both myself and others around me. Hope has been sucked out of everything and everyone, and debates regarding urgent topics have stressed everyone out.

With 2020 being the year I came to terms with my sexual orientation, I hope for 2021 that I will accept myself, and for others in the same situation as myself. I wish that people will accept themselves for things they can't control. I hope all people of color, people who are battling an internal battle, people who are discriminated against for their gender identity and sexual orientation can accept and be happy with themselves in the new year of 2021.

I wish for happiness, despite these tough times. There are many things in this world to complain, whine, cry, scream about, but there is always happiness in something. But there is a lack of it, so that's why I'm wishing happiness for myself and others who are suffering because of things they can't control. Whether it be how they feel towards any gender, their skin tone, their health, or just being affected by anything in the glorious (not really) year of 2020, we need happiness for anyone and everyone.

So, if you couldn't tell already, I wish for happiness for myself and everyone in 2020 who has been affected, and I know it seems silly, but I hope this comes true for those who need it. Let's make 2021 a better year for everyone, and let's move past the things that have hurt us. Let's learn from out mistakes, and solve issues that need to be solved.