Prologue

George grabbed Clay's hand and dragged him around the thrift shop. The clout glasses Clay had found buried in one of the dusty corners, lay neatly on the bridge of George's nose. They complimented his porcelain skin and hid his multicoloured irises. "Here." George's energy was bouncy as he found the craft section, tying some string and a paper plate together. "A shield?" Clay questioned him. "No a mask." George chuckled as he drew a smile on it with sharpie, proudly tying it around his taller friend's face. "To hide your ugly mug." Clay couldn't help but chuckle back. "If we were in an apocalypse, these would be our ass kicking outfits." The statement from George had come out of nowhere while mixing with the innocent glint in his eyes, changing Clay's chuckle to a wheeze.

———

"George! Maybe if you take those fucking stupid glasses off, you would be able to hit more accurately." Dream's voice boomed at the shorter male as he swung the bat at the last remaining adult that had appeared. George returned Dream's anger with silence as he attempted to compose his fear. "Oh so you're ignoring me now. You're such a child." Dream's teeth grit in annoyance as he turned away to clean the bat. "I'm a child? You're the one wearing a ceramic mask as if this is dress up. Get a fucking grip Clay." Dream was unable to respond, unsure of what to say next as his fury only built up at George mumbling asshole under his breath. When he turned, George had already left.

Notes for the rest of the story:

Italics are what happened in the past and at the start of each chapter it will continue on. The second half however is just to show how the relationship changes throughout and happens later on in the story, so the next present parts of the chapters won't follow on from this.

T/W - For future reference there won't be major gore but obviously it's a story about a zombie apocalypse so there will be to an extent along with violence. Please don't read if this will affect you :)