Those who are Loyal

August 1473, Westminster

Richard turned his head to Marian and saw that she was still asleep by his side, her face peaceful and relaxed, her warm, soft body pressed against his, one hand settled on his chest, wedding ring shining in the morning light and her beautiful hair loose; fanned out on the pillow beside her.

He leaned down and pressed a gentle kiss to her forehead before continuing to watch her until her mouth twitched with a smile.
"Are you watching me sleep?" She murmured, eyes fluttering open to gaze at her husband, affectionate amusement filling them.
"Perhaps" he answered, drawing her back down into his arms as she attempted to sit up "and where do you think you're going?"

"I need to go and organise the last preparations for Edmund's birthday festivities! He is to be ten in precisely one week!"
"I know that, but surely they can wait just a few more minutes, sweetheart?" Richard replied, sliding a hand over her hip and laughing quietly when she shivered in delight.
"Hm..." Marian said, wrapping her arms around Richard's neck and pressing herself against him again "perhaps just a few more minutes"

Suddenly Richard rolled over so that he was on top of her and pressed a kiss to her lips.
"Maybe we should extend that time a little?"
"You have duties to attend to, Richard! You're the King!"
"That I am" he replied, beginning to nudge her thighs apart "and so if it pleases me to spend a little longer in bed with my Queen then that is exactly what I shall do!"

"Is that so, my lord?" Marian giggled, smirking and allowing him to spread her legs so that he could move between them "well, I think I shall enjoy this then" she let out a moan as Richard entered her, immediately rolling her hips to meet him. He leaned down and began to eagerly kiss her throat, intertwining her hands with his and squeezing them with each thrust.

The King and Queen were becoming lost in their own world, lost in each other as their lips met again but a loud knock at the door suddenly made the pair spring back from each other, hastily grasping at the discarded covers so Marian could preserve her dignity. Richard threw on his fur bed robe and Marian grinned, pulling her husband down for one last kiss before releasing him.

"We should finish this later, my love" she said and Richard nodded eagerly before standing at the foot of the bed and calling for whoever was at the door to enter the chamber.

The door opened and Rob stepped over the threshold; a knowing smile on his face.
"I've been knocking for a full three minutes, you know!" He announced, stepping into the room and closing the door, leaning back against it "I wonder what on earth could have prevented you from answering me sooner, my friend" he looked towards the bed and winked at Marian as he had done at the coronation and she grinned back, laughing loudly.

Richard looked sharply between the two and Marian covered her mouth, stifling her laughter and laying back on the pillows.
"Well, what is your business in coming here, Rob?" Richard asked and Rob looked back to him.