To Romance A Charming Rogue : Part 10

Start from the beginning

"I'll never have faith in marriage, Gauri." Om gently tells her.

"I'll make you change your mind. I have faith in you." Gauri tells him confidently.

Om shakes his head not believing her and then tells her, "I have faith in you, Gauri. If marriage is what it takes to have you with me always then we will get married."

"What?" Gauri asks shocked unable to believe her ears.

Om moves towards her and starts kissing her again, "I lost you once, Gauri and I don't want to lose you again."

"Om, you don't have to marry me. Later when you want to get married..."

"I love you, Gauri." Om cuts her off. "I want you to be my wife and I want to have babies with you and I want them to be legitimate."

"We will have all that but when you are ready."

"I will never be ready to have faith in marriage but I have faith in you and me. We will make it work, Gauri. I have been away from you for long. Now, I just want to come home to you. You are my home."

Gauri's eyes fill with tears hearing that. She softly starts sobbing as she hugged Om.

"We really don't have to get engaged now. Trust me, I am fine with living together. I will make mama understand."

"Engaged? What engagement? We are getting married." Om says frowning.

Gauri looks at Om confused and asks him, "You mean after my studies, right?"

"Hell no! I meant tomorrow."

"WHAT?" Gauri asks shocked as she moved back.

"What what? I have made up my mind about marriage. We are getting married tomorrow."

"I want to finish my studies."
"You were the one who was screaming, marriage marriage."
"I just wanted to know that there is a marriage in the future for us. I didn't mean we get married the next day."
"Well we are getting married tomorrow."
"I want to finish my studies!" Gauri says stubbornly.

"After marriage." Om orders her.

"You can't order me. I'll finish my studies. I will find a job then I'll marry you."

"No do."

"Yes."

Om glares at her a while then he asks her, "Will you ask or should I ask your mother about giving me a spare key."

"For what?" Gauri asks panicking.

"I can't keep climbing the wall."

Gauri gapes at Om in shock.

"You can't even talk to Prinku about it, I'll talk to your mother."

"Have you gone out of your mind?" Gauri asks him furiously.

"I play dirty, Gauri. You marry me or I am asking your mother for a key." Om tells her in a challenging tone as he smirked victoriously.

Gauri looks at Om helplessly. He looked determined. She could so imagine how that conversation would go.

Om very politely asking Pinky, "Aunty, I would like a key to the house as I can't keep climbing the wall anymore."

"Climbing the wall?" Pinky asks confused.

"At night when I come to meet Gauri, she never lets me in through the front door. I have to climb the wall always."

"Why do you come here at night?" Pinky asks furiously.

"To talk." Gauri quickly replies. "We just talk." Gauri tells her as she gave Om worried glances.

Om chuckles softly and replies very sincerely, "Yes Aunty, to talk. All night long we used to talk. Talk, talk and talk. Nothing else."

Gauri gives Om a furious look as Pinky started turning red with fury.

"After all the talking, I would be so tired then also she wouldn't let me use the front door. She would force me to climb down. So please Aunty, it would be great if you could give me a key."
Her mother comes out with her belan to beat them both to death.

"NO!" Gauri shouts out in panic imagining that scene. "I'll marry you. Whenever you want."

Om chuckles hearing that, "That's like my girl." Om says proudly as he hugged her.

Gauri swats him irately then hugs him happily realizing that all their problems were over. "I missed you."

"I know, love." Om says as he hugged her tight.

"I realize that marrying you is not a bad idea."

"What do you mean?" Gauri asks frowning.

"Now, I'll officially be the numero uno in your life. You will be only mine."

"Oh God!" Gauri moans dreadfully making Om chuckle.

"I always knew there is a bright side to marrying you." Om jokes just as the bell rings.

"Who could that be? You be here, I will check and come." Gauri tells Om.

"That would be your mom and Priyanka." Om tells her.

"Mama went to office." Gauri replies with a frown.

"She came home. how did you think I knew about..."

"OH MY GOD! What happened then? Does she know it was you? I was scared she might hit you so I didn't tell your name but how did she find out?" Gauri asks panicking.

"She slapped me." Om informs her. then they hear another bell.

"She slapped you?"

"She is furious already don't keep her waiting." Om tells her as he opened the door and walked down to open the front door ignoring Gauri instructing him to hide.

"She knows that I had come here." Om tells her as he opened the door for Pinky and Priyanka.

"YOU!" Pinky says furiously seeing Om.

"He wants to marry me, Mama." Gauri quickly informs her.

"I know." Pinky says as she remembered the earlier scene. "You made my daughter cry."

"She made me cry too." Om informs her with a shrug.

Pinky's mouth drops open in shock hearing a fully grown man admitting to being a cry baby.

"Mama, we sorted everything out. Please Mama... agree for our wedding." Gauri pleads her.

Pinky glares at Om then turning to Gauri she tells her, "I need to meet his family."

"Yeah... Prinku is here." Om says gesturing Priyanka to come towards him.

"What about your parents? Any elderly relatives?" Pinky asks frowning.

"It's basically Prinku and me. Our parents are in Canada and Australia. They are not together."

"But still they are your parents, right?" Pinky asks him.

"Mama... they..." Gauri tries to intervene, but Pinky calmly puts up her hand asking Gauri not to interfere.

"Yes, they are." Om answers uncomfortably.

"Then please ask them to come. Without meeting them and talking to them, how can I agree for the wedding?"

Om closes his eyes dreading to call his parents over. To have them in the midst of everything. He had just set everything right, and bringing his parents in the middle of it is just asking for disaster.

"We will call them, Aunty.They will come." Priyanka promises Pinky as she reassuringly held Om's hand.

Please vote and comment

- Lazy