Rukmini's belief

There were drum rolls & celebrations in Vidharbha.

"Hail King Jarasandh", Rukmi said as he congratulated Jarasandh for his win.

Rukmini watched everything from her balcony unable to understand the reason behind these sudden celebrations.

"Princess Rukmini..."

"Uma.. ", Rukmini ran towards her.

"Uma... What's happening in the kingdom? Why is everyone celebrating?"

"Princess, Prince Rukmi wants you to join the celebrations downstairs."

"But why is everyone celebrating? Tell me the reason atleast", Rukmini asked anxiously.

"King Jarasandh is celebrating his victory."

"Victory?"

"He slayed Krishna & Balram in the battle."

Rukmini was taken aback by the reply.

"Princess Rukmini..", Uma held Rukmini's hand & made her sit on the bed. She offered her some water. Rukmini denied.

"It's not possible", Rukmini said shaking her head in disbelief

Tears flowed down Rukmini's cheeks. She walked towards her painting. Gently brushing her hand over her painted flute, she blankly stared at the painting.

"Princess, should I tell prince Rukmi that you won't be able to join the celebrations?"

"No Uma. I will join the celebrations", Rukmini replied wiping her tears.

As the maidservants did Rukmini's shringar, she looked at the mirror lost in thoughts.

Oh Krishna.. I will still wait for you.. I will wait till the destiny decides to unite us. And I am sure it will happen soon.

"Princess, should we leave for the celebrations now?"

Rukmini nodded. Along with Uma, she walked towards the palace hall. Rukmini faked a smile as she entered the hall.

"Here comes the princess of Vidharbha & my beloved sister, Rukmini.", Rukmi announced as he welcomed Rukmini in the hall.

All the princes were spellbound by Rukmini's beauty.

Rukmi held Rukmini's hand & took her with him.

"Rukmini, meet the Prince of Chedi Shishupal."

Rukmini folded her hands and greeted Shishupal.

"Your sister is extremely beautiful, Rukmi", Shishupal said as he stared at Rukmini.

"She definitely is!", Rukmi smirked.

Shishupal continued to stare at Rukmini as she walked away with Rukmi.

Rukmini sat on her royal seat and looked around her. Everyone was happy & celebrating. Rukmini closed her eyes.

Oh Krishna... Everyone is happy. Everyone is celebrating & dancing to the music. But my heart yearns to hear you once. My heart is eager to hear the music of your flute.

♪♪ Flute music ♪♪

Rukmini swayed her head along with the melodious flute tune. She could feel the warmth of love surrounding her. As if it was not just a tune but someone's love for her. The music was soothing her soul, making her mind calm. A gentle smile appeared on Rukmini's face.

"Uma, who is playing the flute?"

Uma looked around. Everybody was still busy celebrating & there was noise everywhere.

"Princess, no one is playing flute here. Should I get you some water?", Uma asked worriedly.

Rukmini hurriedly stood up & rushed outside the hall. Uma ran behind her trying to stop her.

"Please stop princess. It's disrespectful to leave the celebrations midway..", Uma requested.

Rukmini ran towards the balcony, her footsteps following the music's direction.

Rukmini searched for the person playing the flute. She knew it was her Krishna.

I am sure that my Krishna is alive

I am sure that my Krishna is alive. No one can slay him unless he himself decides to get slayed! My heart says he will soon take me with him.

Rukmini twirled in joy. Her happiness knew no bounds. She decided that today she will tell her father about her love... about her Krishna ♡

Jai Shri Krishna ✨

Sorry for the late update. Was busy with exams. Next parts will be updated soon.