Chapter 15-20

Chapter 15

The Secret Room

Imagine my surprise when I woke up this morning and found this at the top of the daily rankings.

Now, I really don’t believe that my work here qualifies for first place. I’ll do my best to improve.

I hope we’ll have more fun together in the future.

Once Fal had turned on the lights inside the room and turned the key in its lock to shut the door, she went about searching for books. I took the chance to look around for the evil dragon book.

There was nothing there to indicate that the books here were sorted by genre, so it was a given that my search would be more difficult this time around.

While I did indeed worry that the book would take some time to find, it turned up in a matter of minutes.

There were two books in stock. I reached for the one to my left and began reading.

Notes Concerning the Evil Dragon

The ‘evil dragon’ mentioned in these notes refers to the Evil Dragon Ouroboros. The creature itself is a terrifying one, said to be a servant of the dark god. Legend has it that it once let its wrath sweep across the earth, and that countless creatures were eradicated as it did so.

Very little is known about this creature’s interactions with its environment. Scales as black as the night adorn a body. Sources state that this dragon is enormous, and approximately 15 metres long.

With this meagre amount of information, there is little doubt that many a man would assume this creature to be nothing more than a black dragon that happens to have grown exponentially.

More recent discoveries, however, state that any onlooker is overcome by a profound sense of dread, so much so that it cannot possibly be compared to a regular black dragon.

Furthermore, there is nothing superficial about the power it holds. It has decimated many things, over and over again, and it is said that it only required two days to destroy the royal capital.

Its scales offer protection against all manner of attacks. Thorough inspection of a lone, discarded scale that had been retrieved by chance proved that destroying it was impossible. The same applied for light scars.

One cannot stress enough just how fearsome the evil dragon is.

Its very existence can easily be conflated with a natural disaster. It is said that the only one capable of opposing this creature is the holy dragon –

I didn’t have to spend too much time reading this book before realising that it offered little new information…

Thought I did force myself to read through the whole thing, just to be on the safe side, it did little more that go on and on about how terrifying the dragon was. Reading it had accomplished little.

Setting the book back to its original position, I took the other book that had been placed to my right.

On the Destruction of Honol Village, Thought to Have Been Instigated by the Evil Dragon

When Honol Village ceased its payment of taxes and any form of contact prove futile, we set out towards it. When we arrived, however, there was no village to be seen.