Chapter 7

I Somehow Got Strong By Raising Skills Related To Farming Chapter 7
DECEMBER 17, 2017 ~ ORIZURU850
Rescue
“What’s … with the number of monsters…!?”

The royal family and guards who were crossing the Helest fields couldn’t believe their eyes.

In front of them was a crowd of terrifying monsters.
And

“!? A Demon…!”

These words instinctively slipped out of Fal’s mouth.

Leading the swarm, was a demon – whose feud with humans should have ended – with an ugly grin plastered on their face.

“Are you surprised? Royal family -sama?”

“Why…! Why would you do such a thing!”

“Don’t ask me why…
We were waiting for so long, you know…
For the moment that we could get revenge for our king…”

“Revenge… for the demon king…?”

“Yeah, but we didn’t originally plan it to be so grand. For some reason, curses don’t seem to affect you two as much as it did on the others.”

“You… Did you…”

The demon’s smile grew even uglier.

“The death of the queen 13 years ago, and the death of the prince 5 years ago were both thanks to our curses. Now, you don’t have to fight for the throne anymore, right?

You know, you should be thanking me!
Kuhahahahahahahaha!”

As the demon laughed at Fal, the knights returned gazes filled with hostility and killing intent.

“Well, since curses don’t work on you, I planned to kill you directly after kidnapping you but…”

“So you were the one responsible for the abduction!
…You monster!! Disappear from our sights!
‘Lightning’!”

During the conversation, a knight whose patience had ran out raised his voice, and cast a spell that fired a bolt of electricity.

The demon glanced at the spell travelling towards him with cold eyes, and just as the spell was about to hit him, he slapped the spell downwards with his hand.

“Wha…!?”

The demon looked in the direction of the knight who had fired the spell.

“Hey hey, you’ve been handpicked to protect the royal family and this is the standard? Even if that thing hit me, it wouldn’t have hurt.

Really. I was looking forward to meeting the guy who defeated the spy, and I thought that he would be one of the knights specially chosen but…

But guessing from your expressions, I was wrong…
You know, there’s a limit to how much you can disappoint someone. Pukuku.”

The demon said mockingly, and then covered his mouth with his hand as if to contain the laughter.

“Hey… that… is that…”

A knight was staring at the back of the demon’s hand.

“Oh, you finally realised.
You guys are slow. Nevertheless…”

The demon revealed the crest etched into the back of his hand.

“I guess it’s a bit late but let me introduce myself.
I belong to the First Squadron of the Old Demon King Army’s Combat Force.
Commanding officer, Romeo Vonted.

Nice to meet ya! And I came here to kill you guys.
Gyahahahahahahaha!!”

“First Squadron… Furthermore, the commanding officer!?”