『 ◡̈ ┊ Prologue ┊◡̈ 』

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ❀

♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡

♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡

Amelia can't help but sigh as she pushes through the double doors of Momo's Pizzeria.

Although the pizza she's picking up now will be her last delivery of the night, that doesn't mean she'll be able to go home and rest afterwards.

For this girls' work is never done.

"I need the order!" Amelia shouts, sliding past customers in the pizzeria and sneaking behind the counter to search for whatever pizza it was she needed to deliver this time.

"Large, all you can eat meat and pepper pizza." Sano, Amelia's coworker and good friend smiles standing in front of her. His long brown hair is tucked away beneath his uniform cap per usual.. "At your service madam."

Amelia smiles thankfully and takes the box from her friend's hands.

"Thank you so much, you just saved me ten minutes of searching through this tornado of a kitchen."

Sano giggles, patting the shorter girl gently atop her head.

"Tiz what I do my little bean."

Amelia grins at the odd nickname, though she doesn't have much time to chat with her friend before she's being called away by someone else.

"Amelia," The familiar voice of the girl's manager catches her attention.
Turning with the hot pizza in hand, Amelia's eyes settle on the tall woman towering over her.

She wears a worried frown and seems all but pleased with the way her worker looks.

"You're pale as a ghost, shouldn't you be at home getting some rest? I thought I told you not to come in."

Amelia sighs, turning and bidding Sano a short goodbye before walking away.

Her manager follows her.

"I told you, I can't just not come in Lena. I need the cash." Amelia says simply.

"Yes," Lena grumbles, "but you also need to stay in good health."

"My health is the least of my concern."

"That isn't how it should be, you know that."

Lena's right, Amelia does know that. She know's she isn't caring for herself the way she should be. But if sacrificing her well being meant helping save another person's, then Amelia didn't mind making that sacrifice.

"I have to go Lena." Amelia offers her manager a half smile, pushing through the glass doors of the building and walking towards her car.

Lena only continues to follow her though.

"This isn't what your Grandma would want." She calls out as Amelia sits the pizza on top of her car and pulls open the driver's side door.

"You don't know what she wants." The girl replies shortly, not even looking at her manager as she now sets the pizza inside her car.