Chapter 1: Firestar's Choice

The Decepticon uprising had ignited, plunging Cybertron into turmoil after Megatron severed ties with Orion Pax and the Council. Amidst the chaos, Firestar, a striking young femme bot, had once served as a nurse in the gladiatorial pits of Kaon. She shared a close bond with Inferno, an Autobot fire engine who harbored feelings for her, and counted Arcee, Chromia, Moonracer, and Elita-One among her cherished friends.

Firestar's heart, however, harbored concern for one mech above all: Megatron himself. Long before he adopted the mantle of the Decepticon leader, Megatronus—formerly known as D-16, a nameless slave and miner—witnessed the injustices rampant on Cybertron. Rising from the depths of the Energon Mines, he honed his combat prowess in the gladiatorial arena, eventually claiming victory as the champion of Kaon and adopting the name 'Megatronus' in homage to the Thirteen Original Primes.

For Firestar, her duties as a nurse brought her face to face with the enigmatic gladiator as she tended to his battle-worn scars, unaware of the path he would ultimately tread.

After tirelessly caring for her patient in Kaon, Firestar's tenure as a nurse came to an abrupt end when a harrowing incident during Megatronus's arena battles nearly cost her life

After tirelessly caring for her patient in Kaon, Firestar's tenure as a nurse came to an abrupt end when a harrowing incident during Megatronus's arena battles nearly cost her life. Forced to flee Kaon out of concern for her own safety, she found solace in Iacon, where she forged friendships with Autobots like Inferno and fellow fembots Arcee, Elita-One, Moonracer, and Chromia.

Though Firestar and Megatronus had crossed paths before, it wasn't until his transition from the gladiatorial pits to the political arena that they truly reconnected. Over months of interactions, their bond deepened, evolving from friendship to a budding romance after Firestar finally confessed her feelings, which Megatronus reciprocated.

Inferno, deeply enamored with Firestar, found himself in the agonizing position of witnessing her affection for Megatronus blossom. Despite his own feelings, Firestar's acceptance of Megatronus's proposal to become his conjunx-endura left Inferno grappling with jealousy and heartache. While Inferno's love for Firestar remained unwavering, her devotion to Megatronus stemmed not from their shared vehicle modes, but from a deeper connection and her desire to avoid a tumultuous love triangle.

After shortening his name to "Megatron" and presenting his vision for a just society to the Council, Megatron's true intentions emerged as he demanded to usurp the Old Guard and claim the title of Prime through force

After shortening his name to "Megatron" and presenting his vision for a just society to the Council, Megatron's true intentions emerged as he demanded to usurp the Old Guard and claim the title of Prime through force. Orion Pax, his friend and mentor, vehemently opposed this path of violence, leading to Megatron's public rejection by the High Council. Embittered and scorned, Megatron severed ties with Orion Pax and the Council, forging ahead to amass his Decepticon army and declare war on Cybertron, fueled by a desire to seize the Matrix of Leadership.

As the conflict engulfed Cybertron, Firestar grappled with the fear of losing her sparkmate to the chaos of battle. Determined to intervene and save Megatron from the ravages of war, she resolved to leave the Autobots and journey to Kaon. Despite Inferno's protests and the potential dangers ahead, Firestar remained resolute in her decision, bracing herself for a path that others might view as worse than death..

"Firestar, you can't go!" Inferno's plea echoed through the chamber, desperation lacing his voice.

Tears shimmered in Firestar's optics as she turned to face him, her resolve unwavering. "I have to, Inferno," she murmured, her voice trembling with determination. "Megatronus needs me. I can't bear the thought of losing him in this war. He needs someone to stand by him, to offer him love and support."

Inferno's grip tightened on her forearm, his anguish palpable. "Please, Firestar, don't walk into a fate worse than death," he implored, his voice cracking with emotion. "Megatron is a monster, and I won't stand by as he drags you into darkness."

A tremor passed through Firestar, but she met Inferno's gaze with unwavering determination. "I don't care about the danger," she insisted, her voice breaking. "My love for him eclipses the horrors he's unleashed. Please, Inferno, understand."

Inferno's desperation surged, his words tumbling out in a rush. "You're walking into certain doom, Firestar," he pleaded, his voice raw with emotion. "I love you. I've loved you since the moment I laid optics on you. Please, don't throw your life away for him."

Firestar's optics widened with shock at his confession, her spark aching with the weight of his words. "Inferno, I..." she faltered, her voice barely a whisper.

"I ask for nothing but your love," Inferno continued, his voice trembling as he knelt before her, his hand gently clasping hers. "Stay with me, Firestar. Let's build a future together, free from this darkness. Please, marry me."

Tears pricked Firestar's optics as she shook her head gently. "I'm sorry, Inferno," she whispered, her voice thick with sorrow. "My heart belongs to another. I've made my choice."

Inferno's anguish was palpable as he wept openly, his spark shattering with each rejection. "Please, Firestar, don't leave me," he begged, his voice raw with pain. "I love you more than life itself."

"I'm sorry," Firestar murmured, her own tears slipping down her cheeks. "But I have to follow my heart, even if it means leaving you behind."

As Firestar transformed into a jet and soared away from Iacon, leaving Inferno behind on his knees, a gut-wrenching agony gripped his spark. For hours, he remained there, his heart fracturing with each passing moment, his sobs echoing through the empty streets. The realization that Firestar had chosen another, that she was now bound to the Decepticon warlord, gnawed at his very core.

Then, like a storm brewing within him, Inferno felt a shift—a transformation of his own emotions. The depths of sorrow gave way to a searing rage, an overwhelming sense of betrayal consuming him. Flashes of memories, of Firestar and Megatron entwined in affection, fueled the flames of his fury.

"RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!" His roar tore through the silence, a primal cry of anguish and vengeance. "MEGATRON!!!!" he bellowed into the empty expanse, his voice raw with pain and fury. "You have stolen my sparkmate, torn her from me! Now you will answer for your treachery!"

With each word, Inferno's rage burned brighter, his determination unyielding. The fire within him, once fueled by love, now blazed with a fierce resolve—to confront the one who had torn his world apart and to reclaim what was rightfully his.

Inferno's servos clenched into tight fists, his optics burning with an intense glare as he rose from his kneeling position. Every fiber of his being thrummed with righteous fury, his resolve as unyielding as the metal that comprised him.

Through the chaos of his emotions, a singular purpose emerged: to confront Megatron and reclaim Firestar, no matter the cost. With each step, his determination solidified, his path clear despite the tumult raging within him.

As he stormed through the streets of Iacon, memories of Firestar's laughter and warmth clashed with visions of her with Megatron, igniting the flames of his rage. He would not allow his love to be twisted and corrupted by the Decepticon leader, nor would he stand idly by as his own heart was torn asunder.

With every stride, Inferno's resolve grew stronger, his determination unshakeable. He would face Megatron, confront the one who had stolen his sparkmate, and unleash the full force of his fury upon him.

For Firestar, for the love they had shared, and for the future they had once dreamed of together, Inferno would stop at nothing to set things right. And as the sun dipped below the horizon, casting long shadows over the city, Inferno's blazing determination illuminated the path ahead—a path of vengeance, redemption, and the pursuit of justice for a love lost.