Author's Note

Greetings, Fine Friends and Faithful Readers,

In the Kingdom of Hamelot, one will find good people and kind, those fair in their daily dealings and judgments. Howe’er, there are a handful of malcontents who rather upset the applecart, bringing trouble and ill fortune of serious import to common folk and nobility alike, thereby threatening the entire Kingdom!

That is the reason we are calling our first book Menagerie of Murder. There are several people involved in this malicious mischief, including a most controversial man, Doctor Leachum, the Royal Physician and Master and Testin Gruberson, the Royal Taste-Tester. Then there are those who are rather innocently involved in the evil mischief.

One will meet Master Posten Letterby, Courier of the Royal Mail, who discovers a serious and frightening plot, which he tries to solve at his own risk until he calls in the King’s Master Spy, Sir Jamison Bondgott’em, 000, to lend a hand (and a clever mind). O, believe me when I mention others, there are some wicked and conniving men whom we will meet later in an upcoming series. This group includes the kingpin (no pun intended) behind the miscreant’s plot, Sir Thomas Peaker Pryde, the Lord Chancellor, who wants desperately to be King. He manages to squeak in and out of trouble, letting the guilt fall on the shoulders of others!

This is a real and serious Menagerie of Murder, with its ensuing trouble and continuing intrigue. Be alert, as the stories are oft told from differing points of view, from noblemen to Cockney servants. Be watchful for changes.

Still, let us not o’er-look the brave hearts who attempt to stop the malcontents from performing their dastardly deeds, as their success will very much affect the outcome of the entire Book. O, no, we can’t do that!

Never forget, howe’er, Hamelot is an enchanted Kingdom, and good magic happens here a lot!

See you beyond the mist,

Sharon