It's Too Cold (Lucio) 🔪

Warnings: angst. pregnancy. Lucio's a cheating dick.

Word count: 943

Her chest was tightened under her fist as she moved to the room they were supposed to share. The one that was supposed to be sacred. Just the two of them. Just her and Lucio, but it seemed he thought differently. It seemed he thought that bringing a whore from a brothel just the other night and fuck her, more passionately then he ever did Y/N, was a more suitable use for the room. Her voice was so small that it seemed she was nothing but a cry to the wind, where no one would hear, but in someway, somehow, he heard. He heard the soft sob followed by her voice,

"Why...? I-I love you. I loved you with everything I had and you couldn't even think to tell me that you loved me. Not once have you uttered those three damn words to your wife."

Lucio froze in his tracks, turning to her with a suddenly hurt and distraught face. "Y/N...?"

She growled, "Don't say my name. It's not one you can call me anymore." She threw down a note, one written by the sex-worker, "Thanks for last night stud, come back anytime."

Y/N's chest shuddered and fell with each breath she took, and it felt like her ribs were cracking at the weight of her heavy lungs and heart. Lucio's eyes widened at the note as he frantically looked up at her, "I-I'm sorry..."

Y/N moved to the bag in the closet, hastily tossing her clothes into it before turning to him, "Sorry doesn't fix what you broke."

He frowned, "N-No please. Don't do this."

She growled, "You don't want me to leave? You should've thought of that before you- before you laid with another woman!" She pressed his chest to force him back, moving out the door. Her entire body shuddered as the winter air his her cheeks and arms, her tears becoming cold rather than hot. When did she start crying in the first place she could never figure out. She moved to the shop. The home she used to love so dearly, greeted by Asra and Muriel's familiar faces.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Asra chirped curiously, their cheeks rosy, a sign they were drinking.

Muriel smiled, standing and helping them up.

"He laid with another." She frowned, looking down sadly.

Asra's eyes widened as they suddenly sobered up, "Oh dear."

Muriel frowned as well, following them both to the kitchen as Asra made tea, "Muri I'll be up in a bit, I need to sleep anyways." They waved him off, which Muriel gratefully took to go upstairs to bed. She sat down, her bag settling on the ground as she took a deep breath, "It hurts Asra. Everything hurts."

He sighed softly, "It'll be okay. It'll get better." 

She nodded, wiping her tears, "I'm just- I'm gonna go to bed."

He nodded, letting her go upstairs as they frowned softly. She slid into bed, looking up at the moon she'd watch from the window in Lucio's room. With a shuddered sob she fell into sleep.

===============================================

A soft whine from the other room could be heard as Y/N groaned, "Asra could you get the formula?" 

They already were passing the room, sliding the bottle onto the small table beside the crib as Y/N scooped up her baby, "Hi Ash!!! Are you awake?" She smiled tiredly, tickling her sons belly gently before turning to the bottle and holding it for him. He cooed, taking it gratefully and having his breakfast as a knock was heard from downstairs, Asra waving, "I got it."

She nodded still cooing at her baby happily as she sat down in the rocking chair, "Look at you. You're growing up buddy..." She sighed, toying with the blonde whisps that were sprouting from his small head, ones that resembled Lucio's so well. Asra came back upstairs, a panicked smile, "Hey it's for you." 

Her brows furrowed as she moved downstairs walking into the shop as she focused on holding Ash, "He-" She froze, her eyes widening at the pitiful site of her ex-husband standing before her. She frowned, pulling Ash closer to her chest protectively, "What do you want?"

Lucio looked just as shocked as she did, his brows furrowing at the baby that seemed to resemble him, "I just wanted to talk, but if you're busy..." He turned to walk out as she cooed to him still. She stopped momentarily, not looking up from him, "His name's Ash. He has your eyes..." She frowned, tears watering her eyes as Ash whined, upset his mother was crying.

Lucio turned again, "He's... Mine?" 

She nodded, looking up at him with a small frown. Lucio quickly approached her but she flinched back, covering him quickly. Lucio stepped back, his heart breaking at the sight of her flinching, "Y/N..."

She bit back a sob, "It hurt. It hurt so much Lucio. It hurts watching my son grow up without his father. It hurt watching us fall apart as he grew inside of me. It hurts still. It won't stop hurting."

Lucio frowned, "Can I help? Can I help it to stop hurting?" He offered softly, his hands wringing together.

She shook her head, "It's better if you leave Lucio."

He bit back his own sobs at her words, "I can't- I can't even see my own son?"

"He's not your son. He became mine and mine alone the day you laid with another willingly." She snapped, looking angry now, "Get out."

Lucio stepped back, walking out of the shop, and away from his beloved and his child.

Asra came beside Y/N, offering to take Ash.

"No. I'm fine Asra." She turned going back upstairs.

----

Votes, Comments, and Follows are what motivate me to write and are always appreciated!